Chance Sisco: 'I'll Be Ready' When Orioles Call

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 hours ago, bobmc said:

Let's hope he keeps his BA (.750) and OPS (2.2583) right where they are for the remainder of his career !!!

AP_17076747398468_k4ovk6vs_ml45ngod.jpg

o

(vs. DEVIL RAYS, 9/24)

NUMBER 2

CHANCTHOMALESISCO

CHANCTHOMALESISCO

CHANCTHOMALESISCO

CHANCTHOMALESISCO

CHANCTHOMALESISCO

CHANCTHOMALESISCO

CHANCTHOMALESISCO

o

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's well on his way to proving those who thought he would be punchless in the majors wrong and hey the Rays didn't steal six bases on him like some feared.

Yep, because 1 game as a starter in a game where Chris "Speedy" Davis is the only base stealer and a few at bats can prove everyone wrong. 

15 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Yep, because 1 game as a starter in a game where Chris "Speedy" Davis is the only base stealer and a few at bats can prove everyone wrong. 

You're right, we'll have a better idea after he has some games under his belt. But it's also possible he's improved and isn't getting the benefit of the doubt from those who still cling to early scouting reports on his defense.

16 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Did I miss the part where Till!an threw a complete game?

Even today you had folks proclaiming the Rays' would be getting out their track shoes.

If the only issue with his defensive is below average Pop times he's in good shape.

35 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Did I miss the part where Till!an threw a complete game?

Even today you had folks proclaiming the Rays' would be getting out their track shoes.

If the only issue with his defensive is below average Pop times he's in good shape.

Not sure what Tillman has to do with this. ?

Yeah, I said that earlier about the Rays in a joking manner. Figured there wouldn't be many attempts, if any, today with nothing on the line.

He could be the greatest catcher ever, the absolute worst ever, or somewhere in the middle. A couple of at bats and 1 start don't show anything. I'll temper things off until he gets thru a full season.

9 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Yeah, I said that earlier about the Rays in a joking manner. Figured there wouldn't be many attempts, if any, today with nothing on the line.

He could be the greatest catcher ever, the absolute worst ever, or somewhere in the middle. A couple of at bats and 1 start don't show anything. I'll temper things off until he gets thru a full season.

Tillman is very hard to run on.

2 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

The results from a few games don't mean much, but the process does.  Scouting his swing against premium stuff.  Getting a good look at how he receives the ball, his agility behind the plate, etc. That can give you real info in a small sample size, that stats can't do.

For example, I've learned some new things about Hays in the little bit of action he's gotten. He's struggling with pitch recognition against plus RH velocity.  He's trying to recognize the pitch and by the time he does, he's too late to hit it out in front, which is leading to swings and misses and some weak contact.  The good news is most guys have trouble with pitch recognition at this level, he just needs to start looking for something in particular and reacting if it's different.  He's just in between currently. The bat looks fast and he can adjust the swing on the fly.  In the outfield, he's had some growing pains with balls that other players are also going for, a little hesitant. The arm looks great through, hits the cutoff from the wall on a rope, and he plays balls off or near the wall well.  I'm confident in his ability to grow into a plus RF who can handle center for a significant stretch if needed without hurting you.

Archived