Time to Call Up Reimold

birdman57

If you have watched his progress this season, you shouldn't even have to ask such a question. The strikeout thing is no small thing and his OPS for May was over 1.000.

I agree with you - move him up to AAA ball. I thought you were arguing to have him come to the ML team. Sorry!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to see your evidence for this poor decision. It's easy to say it is, but can you convingly demonstrate that it is?

Nope I can't. But we have last place, 3 under team, trying to rebuild, clearly look to build for the future. Meanwhile we have several vets, playing out their careers, hitting well under what they should. Lets give Reimold a few months of MLB pitching to see..while his current confidence is high. We need to learn some things before this off season.

And doing things the right way does not include playing mediocre veterans when there are young guys who can replace them and possibly help out long-term. Sure, we finally have a sense of direction now but that's not because we are playing guys like Mora, Millar, Ramon, etc, it's in spite of that. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about that. Stop talking about attendence and how it's somehow tied to people coming out to watch mediocre veterans. People want to see more young guys who will be around in a couple years when we're actually ready to compete.

All these guys are under contract unfortunely for heavens sake....

What in God's name do you want Mcphail and the organization to do?

They cannot get rid of everyone right here right now. It is just impossible. This will take time and not happen overnight.

What in the name of god is wrong with some of the people on this board? Can you people not realize this? Do you think it is feasible just to ax everyone as if this was fantast baseball?

The Orioles are doing what they can this year. And that includes playing some of the "mediocre" veterans that are under contract thanks to our previous management.

I understand people are frustrated, but come on. Have some perspective.

No - as I said earlier - losing games = losing money! That is why are attendance is where it is now. The O's have been the analogy that I gave for years now... Oh - let's sign any free agent that will play here or gosh, that kids looks pretty good in AA ball, let's bring him up here and let him play.

I have a funny feeling that you and Syd Thrift would have gotten along really well!

The problem is that we haven't been bringing up many good players.

That has nothing to with mental makeup or not being ready, but with not being talented enough.

We haven't had a Reimold or Wieters to bring up.

We have had an Olson to bring up, he struggled in a good stretch of time last season, then destroyed AAA in a handful of starts before the Orioles brought him up again.

Did that struggling last year hurt him?

They cannot get rid of everyone right here right now. It is just impossible. This will take time and not happen overnight.

What in the name of god is wrong with some of the people on this board? Can you people not realize this? Do you think it is feasible just to ax everyone as if this was fantast baseball?

The Orioles are doing what they can this year. And that includes playing some of the "mediocre" veterans that are under contract thanks to our previous management.

So we can't wonder why guys are still sitting at levels obviously too low when they should at the VERY LEAST be promoted from their performance? Or why we are willing to play Millar and Payton (who won't be here next year anyway under any circumstances and cost far less to cut then someone like Gibbons) over someone like Reimold?

I don't think we're the ones with the skewed perspective here.

You obviously have a case of dementia because everything you are looking for has taken place the past 10-12 years. They have not been developing young guys during that time but rushing them to the ML whenever they have a halfway decent year in AA ball.

A fan is much more likely to come see a team that is playing .500 with the kind of chemistry this team has. Let's hope together that the fans will return and that the additional revenue can be used to make this a team that competes for the title in 2010.

This'll be the last time I respond to you since you don't seem to actually be reading my posts before responding. I don't care if the average fan wants to see Millar, Mora and Ramon because they've heard of them and don't know who Reimold is. The very idea that we'll somehow generate so much more revenue by playing Millar instead of Reimold is insane. Our team will be better prepared to compete in 2010 by getting the right young guys experience rather than playing veterans that the average fan has heard of. I get the impression you'd rather stay around .500 with a bunch of veterans past their primes than get a look at young guys and build for the future. It's ridiculous to think that attendance will take a precipitous drop by playing young guys instead of crappy veterans. Anyhow, attendance isn't that high on the list of revenue streams for a major league team. Young guys can develop in the majors (experience against better players) and there is no better place to do that than a team that is rebuilding (just in case you're not sure, that's us).

How about answering my question. How does it harm Reimold to wait until he has hit AAA pitching with the same plate dicipline and then bring him up in Sept?

It doesn't. It could hurt the team, though, since we aren't getting him major-league experience.

I used this scenario in another thread, but let's say one of these guys is sent to the next level, struggles for a month, then starts hitting again, but not enough for September call-ups.

Would you rather see that happen at the minor-league level, or the same thing happen at the major-league level, where he's already here getting experience and working through problems against these pitchers?

Chill, your suffering from moronic drivel overload. It's one of the hazards of reading some of the posts on this board.:laughlol:

I'm not saying to get rid of all those guys. I only used their names since those guys were referenced by someone else earlier in the thread. Obviously, you can't just get rid of all of them right now. I was simply saying to glorydays that it wouldn't be the end of the world if Millar got benched and Reimold got some of his AB's instead and wouldn't lead to some drop in attendance like he seems to think. Sure, we're stuck with them for now but that's no reason not to give young guys some of their AB's where appropriate.

Chill, your suffereing from moronic drivel overload. It's one of the hazards of reading some of the posts on this board.:laughlol:

So you don't want him to read your posts anymore?

Do we really need to devolve into crap like this? I know I'm not better then that, but one would hope you are.

So we can't wonder why guys are still sitting at levels obviously too low when they should at the VERY LEAST be promoted from their performance? Or why we are willing to play Millar and Payton (who won't be here next year anyway under any circumstances and cost far less to cut then someone like Gibbons) over someone like Reimold?

I don't think we're the ones with the skewed perspective here.

PLease give me a break. I want the young guys to play too, but to expect the team just to cut guys is rediculous IMO. I would love for it to happen, but it is not going to happen....so learn to deal with it.

As for the skewed perspective, look in the mirror.

Chill, your suffereing from moronic drivel overload. It's one of the hazards of reading my posts on this board.:laughlol:

Good point.:) Seriously though, disagreeing with you doesn't make it moronic drivel. Just the opposite in most cases. It blows my mind that some don't see a rebuilding team as an opportunity to get some young guys playing time that might not be available on a winning team.

Chill, your suffereing from moronic drivel overload. It's one of the hazards of reading some of the posts on this board.:laughlol:

Wow, I used to enjoy your post even though we rarley agree. This is just simply beneath you. Always thought of you as smarter than this.

Archived