Some Captain Obvious advise to Buck

1968_bills_fan

When I was single, I spent a lot of time looking for a nice girlfriend. (If you know me, you would understand why).  I did met a nice girl at a place, and later, after we parted ways, I continued to go there hoping the past would recur.  Never worked.  Mostly strikeouts, never even to first base. Learn from life.

Davis and Trumbo are in the places in the batting order, where they get up a lot with two or three on base and two outs.  When that is the case, I find that I drift out to the kitchen and work on the supper dishes and putting away the leftovers.  The ball game goes on with a strikeout or popup and the Orioles go back out on the field for the next half inning.

Here is the suggestion to Buck.  Forget the past.  We can't keep living and winning with 2 run lead games.  Bring in this Mancini guy to play first base and bat 5th.  Bring in Kim to bat cleanup and DH.   Forget the past and go with the hot hands.

Do Trumbo and Davis have any options left?  Maybe a few weeks at Norfolk will get them an improvement in their attention and batting eyes .

:P

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is Mancini not playing everyday? For Buck to continue to play Davis and Trumbo every day and sit mancini is just plain idiotic. I wonder some days what Buck is doing. Again, so far we are winning, but he makes zero sense to me. The other night, after Brad Brach saves 3 in a row, he doesn't use him. Gentry makes a great catch in the outfield which saved us, then Hart hits a guy and puts the tieing run at the plate. Why no Brach? Buck is playing with fire. I hope it doesn't start exploding.

18 minutes ago, joeyc said:

The other night, after Brad Brach saves 3 in a row, he doesn't use him. Gentry makes a great catch in the outfield which saved us, then Hart hits a guy and puts the tieing run at the plate. Why no Brach? Buck is playing with fire. I hope it doesn't start exploding.

Brach got the day off because he pitched three days in a row. It is a marathon not a sprint.  it would be very unusual for a reliever to pitch four days in a row especially in April.  

This has to be the dumbest thread of the year. The team has the best record in the majors

Mancini has no ML track record, just a hot couple of weeks and you want to have him play in place of guys making 35 million combined. Not going to happen and it shouldn't

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Here's my Captain Obvious advice to Buck:  stick with your plan, which is working just fine.    Not that Buck needs my advice -- that's what he's going to do anyway.    

The team is winning. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I do think Kim should be in the lineup just about everyday, certainly against righties. I think I'd go:

Smith RF

Jones CF

Machado 3B

Kim LF

Trumbo DH

Davis 1B

Schoop 2B

Castillo C

Hardy SS

Buck would never do this, but those are our 4 best overall hitters at the top IMO.

4 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

This has to be the dumbest thread of the year. The team has the best record in the majors

Mancini has no ML track record, just a hot couple of weeks and you want to have him play in place of guys making 35 million combined. Not going to happen and it shouldn't

2nded. In fact this thread reads like a transcript from a bad sports radio call in show. And not that they would ever bench (or demote) Trumbo and Davis, but as long as they're winning why wouldn't they let them play through their slumps? 

44 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

2nded. In fact this thread reads like a transcript from a bad sports radio call in show. And not that they would ever bench (or demote) Trumbo and Davis, but as long as they're winning why wouldn't they let them play through their slumps? 

You two guys take things too seriously.  This was very "tongue in cheek".   Yep.  Let's see if Trump and Davis, can get through waivers and hone their skills at Bowie.  I can just see them getting on the team bus for a six and a half hour trip to Akron.  However,  I do wonder at what point do you sit and rest the 35 million dollar sluggers, if some other players are hot and give you better chance to win games.  Also, might there be something to the idea of giving these 31 year old guys a shorter season so they are not as worn out in September and October?

Well, Trumbo really tore it up last night.  We lose 2-0 and he strikes out with 2 men in scoring position.  Two K's and two weak outs.  Davis did get a basehit-  a slow roller down towards third base that nearly stopped before getting to the outfield grass.   When is Buck going to get the stones to do the obvious?

Archived