June 1: Red Sox at Orioles

PaulFolk

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Red Sox have four hits so far and three of them are complete crap.

Meanwhile, Nick hit a ball that hit the top of the fence and missed being a homer by less than a foot.

And, as I'm typing this, Roberts gives the Red Sox an extra out and extends the inning. WTF... They gave him a hit on that. That is total BS. That wasn't a hit.

I liked how when Palmer was telling Hunter that it was not a hit right after Hunter said it was, he had to restrain himself from letting out a "what are you an idiot" line about Hunter. Palmer is great.

The Red Sox have four hits so far and three of them are complete crap.

Meanwhile, Nick hit a ball that hit the top of the fence and missed being a homer by less than a foot.

And, as I'm typing this, Roberts gives the Red Sox an extra out and extends the inning. WTF... They gave him a hit on that. That is total BS. That wasn't a hit.

I agree, Roberts double clutched because he didn't get a grip on the ball. Should have been an error in my book. At least they got Ellsbury out.

Between the pick-offs and a few ugly things in the field, Roberts play has not been nearly as fundamentally sound this year. That was very bad even before the error. He didn't move toward the ball at all despite the fact that he had to know Lugo was going to bust it down the line. He removed all wiggle room from the play by laying back. I don't know what to think about him at the moment. He just doesn't seem to have the same focus this year to me.

I know I am throwing this out there, but do you think it could be in any way size shape or form related to him and the steroids issue? Or just that he does not want to be here anymore?

Between the pick-offs and a few ugly things in the field, Roberts play has not been nearly as fundamentally sound this year. That was very bad even before the error. He didn't move toward the ball at all despite the fact that he had to know Lugo was going to bust it down the line. He removed all wiggle room from the play by laying back. I don't know what to think about him at the moment. He just doesn't seem to have the same focus this year to me.

How happy our the cubs for not making a deal? There doing just fine without him

Archived