June 1: Red Sox at Orioles

PaulFolk

And on the main board, people are already commenting that the tailspin is in full motion and that we are one of the worst teams in baseball. Call me crazy, but outside of our offense I just do not see it. We are in almost every game, and while I do not expect us to have a winning record, I do not think we are anywhere near the worst team in baseball.

Why does everyone feel the need to be the first to proclaim that the sky is falling and that we are horrible? Really Annoying.

Remember it is only June 1, at least give the team a chance. This is DT first full year and I honestly think their is a new philosphy in place. Just be patient.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And on the main board, people are already commenting that the tailspin is in full motion and that we are one of the worst teams in baseball. Call me crazy, but outside of our offense I just do not see it. We are in almost every game, and while I do not expect us to have a winning record, I do not think we are anywhere near the worst team in baseball.

Why does everyone feel the need to be the first to proclaim that the sky is falling and that we are horrible? Really Annoying.

Remember it is only June 1, at least give the team a chance. This is DT first full year and I honestly think their is a new philosphy in place. Just be patient.

Yes. And I really wouldn't be suprised if we came back and won this one, or lost by one. We don't give up, I always had a feeling the guys weren't in the game after the 6th or 7th last year.

Should Roberts just go home? He just doesn't look like he is mentally in this game at all.

It looks like to me he has been playing with something on his mind. Everything he does it seems like he has to think about it before reacting. This was never the case with him before, at least from my perspective.

Our defense is among the worst in the AL, and our baserunning is horrendous.

Our defense is among the worst in the AL, and our baserunning is horrendous.

Yeah, but people proclaiming Armegeddon is just bull S#$% in my opinion. It is almost like they want to the be first to announce it. Being a fan, I want to win all the games. I know we are rebuildiing, but what good does it do to be so negative? (This is not intended for osfan83, just saying in general) Absolutely nothing. McPhail will do the right thing regardless of how we react or what we say. So why not root these guys on at all costs instead of bashing them and pointing out what they do not do good. This is a fans website, and fans are entitled to their opinion. But unfortunely some of the threads are just rediculously negative and so far out of perspective that it is just laughable.

Lets go Os.

Should Roberts just go home? He just doesn't look like he is mentally in this game at all.

According to a web biorhythm calculator, he's at rock bottom emotionally and almost there physically.

However, he's at almost-peak intellectually. Maybe he should be taking a test instead of playing ball today...

I just mention it because some people go nuts if you mention biorhythms ;-)

What a stellar AB by Huff...

Can we fire Crowley please?

If Crowley was hitting coach for Boston or NYY we would love him. IMO pitching coaches impact pitchers much more so than hitting coaches impact hitting.

Pitching is more cerebral and thought out. Hitting is more reactionary and it is hard to teach better reactions. The better hitters are better for a reason, and it has very little to do with their hitting coach.

Crowley can not make average hitters great, he just cannot. And I am sure he talks improving their approaches, so dont use that card and blame that on him either.

Yeah, but people proclaiming Armegeddon is just bull S#$% in my opinion. It is almost like they want to the be first to announce it. Being a fan, I want to win all the games. I know we are rebuildiing, but what good does it do to be so negative? (This is not intended for osfan83, just saying in general) Absolutely nothing. McPhail will do the right thing regardless of how we react or what we say. So why not root these guys on at all costs instead of bashing them and pointing out what they do not do good. This is a fans website, and fans are entitled to their opinion. But unfortunely some of the threads are just rediculously negative and so far out of perspective that it is just laughable.

Lets go Os.

I always root for them to win...but lets face it, we are a 73 win team. We should run the youngs guys out there.

I'm sure you're joking, but why aren't we considering putting him in long relief, moving Albers to the rotation, and keep Liz/Penn in the minors until they are ready? Most of the time the game is out of hand if the long reliever gets into the game and he can remain an "insurance" policy in that scenario.

Trachsel isn't used to pitching in relief (this is only the second time in his career he's done it) and Trembley has said it takes him a long time to warm up. Also, Trachsel hasn't been good at eating up innings this year. Not ideal for a long reliever.

Plus, there have been plenty of times this year in which the game was still close when the long reliever came in. I certainly wouldn't want Trachsel pitching in that situation.

I always root for them to win...but lets face it, we are a 73 win team. We should run the youngs guys out there.

I agree we wont make the playoffs, and we should run the young guys out there, which we are, minus Trax. But where do you come up with 73 wins from? just curious.

Archived