Congratulations to Melvin Mora!!

Tony-OH

Congratulations to Melvin Mora for becoming a US citizen tomorrow. Mora, who apparently still lives in the Baltimore area was one of my favorite players during the dark years. Really good to see him become a US citizen and enjoy living in the best country in the world as one of it's citizens!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see good things happen to players who exceeded all expectactions as Orioles.  The O's got him and 3 other players for Bordick - so who would have guessed he'd be among the top few O's players during his stay here?  Congrats Melvin Mora!

o

Mora is my 2nd favorite franchise player ever, and my favorite Oriole since the team moved to Baltimore in 1954.

I was at his final game as an Oriole, which was the last game of the season in 2009. When Dave Trembley removed him from the game for a pinch-hitter, we gave him a well-deserved standing ovation.

o

Congrats to Melvin. Definitely one of the few bright spots during the dark ages. Great guy, great teammate and, above all, a darn good ballplayer. You look back at his numbers now and you wish we had a guy like that in the lineup tonight.

Melvin was a bright spot in what was otherwise a very dim period. Same for B Rob, and to a much lesser degree for BJ Ryan, Jeff Conine, Erik Bedard and I'm sure a handful of others that I am forgetting.

Glad he is still in the area I wonder if he will join up with the organization in any capacity at some point.

8 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

Congrats to Melvin. Definitely one of the few bright spots during the dark ages. Great guy, great teammate and, above all, a darn good ballplayer. You look back at his numbers now and you wish we had a guy like that in the lineup tonight.

Yeah, if only we had a good third baseman....

2 minutes ago, Nevermore said:

I remember Mora during my time as an Orioles fan- in- exile (late 1990s until 2013). He was one of the few highlights. As far as all of his kids, he had quintuplets.

Sounds painful.

Archived