Dear Rain Gods: Please rain tonight's game out.

Diehard_O's_Fan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree. On paper, this is the best starting pitching matchup of the series for the Orioles-- Bundy vs. Cole.

Plus if it gets rained out, the Orioles would have to lose an off day later in the season to come back to DC and make up the game. Which could end up being just as taxing on the bullpen (and the rest of the team) as playing tonight.

I am just extremely concerned about the Orioles bullpen that's all. I live in Iowa so I have no idea how the weather looks right now in Washington D.C.. The forecast that I looked at said that there is a 90% chance of rain. It is not going to increase the chances of winning if the Orioles have to play in the rain.

36 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

The Orioles bullpen is on life support right now and I think it would be a huge blessing if tonight's game gets rained out. If the Orioles blow out their bullpen then the season will be over in a hurry. Let it rain baby!

I would take the rain out tonight and be happy to deal with the fall-out of rescheduling the game later in the season. The team's bullpen has been over-taxed since the Gausman ejection and Britton's return to the DL. Giving them a one-day rest could prove beneficial

40 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

The Orioles bullpen is on life support right now and I think it would be a huge blessing if tonight's game gets rained out. If the Orioles blow out their bullpen then the season will be over in a hurry. Let it rain baby!

If the Orioles bullpen is on life support, why don't they just add (gasp) a 12th pitcher?

3 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

If the Orioles bullpen is on life support, why don't they just add (gasp) a 12th pitcher?

Because the problem is with the quality pitchers who throw in the 7th-9th innings, and the AAA guys won't solve that.  

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Because the problem is with the quality pitchers who throw in the 7th-9th innings, and the AAA guys won't solve that.  

They don't need a quality pitcher. They just need a guy who can come in and soak up innings without embarrassing himself so the bullpen isn't gassed out by the All-Star break. The Red Sox have a much better starting rotation than the Orioles yet even they are carrying 12 pitchers. It's hard to survive in this division with a 11-man pitching staff. 

22 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

They don't need a quality pitcher. They just need a guy who can come in and soak up innings without embarrassing himself so the bullpen isn't gassed out by the All-Star break. The Red Sox have a much better starting rotation than the Orioles yet even they are carrying 12 pitchers. It's hard to survive in this division with a 11-man pitching staff. 

Not sure I agree here.  Also not sure what you are basing this statement on.  The Orioles are doing pretty well, and they are using the Norfolk shuttle pretty well, too.  I'm not so sure that our bullpen guys are getting any less rest than they did last year.  The Red Sox, meanwhile, have certainly under-performed their expectations.

Archived