What happened to Ynoa?

wildcard

18 hours ago, wildcard said:

Ynoa was 1-10 with a 5.61 ERA, a 1.373 WHIP.  He gave up more hits and innings pitched and had only 67 strikeouts in 110 innings pitched.  

I don't think he stays on the 40 man roster over the winter.   The O's may offer him a reliever position at Norfolk after he is DFA'd but there will be a lot of competition for the Norfolk reliever position next spring. 

Here are some of the candidates for Norfolk pen:

Kline, Tate, Erwin, Alvarado, Eades, Cervenka, Muckerhim, .Fry, Armstrong, Hess. Shepherd, Sulser, Ortiz, Manhold and Rogers.

I’d like to say throw a lot of the pitching on the 40 man roster off and let’s try a hockey style line change, but sadly I think we already have some of the better options. Ynoa was basically our 3rd best SP after the Cashner trade. Wojo and Eshelman were two of top SP in the IL last year. 

I just don’t know if you can find a better resume of pitchers that we can get. Who the heck are we going to get,

Tyler Wilson - KBO

Odrisimer Despaigne - AAA IL

IDK if we should keep any of the “fringe” pitching(probably most of the 40 man P)on the 40 man, but my gut also tells me that I’d like to see us trade Villar, Givens, Bundy, and Mancini.  Shoot for 2023. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’d like to say throw a lot of the pitching on the 40 man roster off and let’s try a hockey style line change, but sadly I think we already have some of the better options. Ynoa was basically our 3rd best SP after the Cashner trade. Wojo and Eshelman were two of top SP in the IL last year. 

I just don’t know if you can find a better resume of pitchers that we can get. Who the heck are we going to get,

Tyler Wilson - KBO

Odrisimer Despaigne - AAA IL

IDK if we should keep any of the “fringe” pitching(probably most of the 40 man P)on the 40 man, but my gut also tells me that I’d like to see us trade Villar, Givens, Bundy, and Mancini.  Shoot for 2023. 

The pitchers that can start for the O's next year could be Means, Bundy, Cobb, Wojo, Brooks, Colin Rea and Michael Peoples.  The last four fight for spots in the rotation in ST.  The ones  that don't make it go to the pen as long/middle relievers.  I don't know if Elias can sign Rea and Peoples but I think he will try to get someone like them.

Akins, Baumann, Lowther, and Kremer will be pushing for spots in the rotation by July. Akins maybe sooner. JMG