Fahey up, Knott down (!)

Hank Scorpio

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know who signed off on this, but the move is stupid on every level. Sometimes people overreact to minor moves, but this kind of move is what. should make people pissed.

The Orioles are one of the worst teams at managing and maximizing their roster. We now have THREE light hitting utility fielders. They have varying levels of speed, but not one of them can hit.

Brandon Fahey is one of the worst players in AAA. He is also left handed. That means we have will have three extremely light hitting left handed hitters on the bench most nights. Knott provides a need for us. He allows us to match up late in games. When other teams bring in that LOOGY, we have somebody to go to. If another teams start a particularly tough lefty, we have somebody to go to.

Fahey serves no purpose. The FO should see this offense struggling to score runs and do something to jump start, not stifle it. It baffles me they continue to make moves like this.

I'm sure this has already been posted but Brandon Fahey has posted a freaking .610 OPS in AAA! How can you look at that, and his .614 OPS from last year, and bring him up here? Especially when we've got both Chris Gomez AND Freddie Bynum rotating in the infield?

If McPhail has something to do with this, he's already McFailed in my eyes. He may as well have grabbed someone from the crowd and stuck a bat in his hand.

Wow... just saw this. I'm assuming that they have knowledge that Knott killed a man with his bare hands last night, and I'm guessing Fahey was the only survivor of a tragic and ridiculously coincidental airplane crash involving the entire Norfolk, Bowie, and Frederick teams. Right? RIGHT?!?! That has to be it, right?!?!?!?!?!??

I don't know who signed off on this, but the move is stupid on every level. Sometimes people overreact to minor moves, but this kind of move is what. should make people pissed.

The Orioles are one of the worst teams at managing and maximizing their roster. We now have THREE light hitting utility fielders. They have varying levels of speed, but not one of them can hit.

Brandon Fahey is one of the worst players in AAA. He is also left handed. That means we have will have three extremely light hitting left handed hitters on the bench most nights. Knott provides a need for us. He allows us to match up late in games. When other teams bring in that LOOGY, we have somebody to go to. If another teams start a particularly tough lefty, we have somebody to go to.

Fahey serves no purpose. The FO should see this offense struggling to score runs and do something to jump start, not stifle it. It baffles me they continue to make moves like this.

Last night I was thinking how nice it was that they could show that graphic of who's on the bench and they actually had a real right handed hitter.

Now we get to have the occasional lineup when Roberts gets a day off that could involve Bako, Bynum, Payton, Fahey, Gibbons, and Patterson. It's possible that Bako could bat 7th, and it would make sense. It's possible that lineup could go 162 games without scoring.

Fahey and Bako... good thing it's not interleague anymore or during 1/3 of the game the opposing starter could throw with his wrong arm to save himself for the guys who can hit their little sister's weight.

Last night I was thinking how nice it was that they could show that graphic of who's on the bench and they actually had a real right handed hitter.

Now we get to have the occasional lineup when Roberts gets a day off that could involve Bako, Bynum, Payton, Fahey, Gibbons, and Patterson. It's possible that Bako could bat 7th, and it would make sense. It's possible that lineup could go 162 games without scoring.

Fahey and Bako... good thing it's not interleague anymore or during 1/3 of the game the opposing starter could throw with his wrong arm to save himself for the guys who can hit their little sister's weight.

Call it our Killer Bees lineup........Brandon, Bako and Bynum. Opposing pitchers will be soiling themselves.........from laughter. :D

Guest oriofan8

Could there be something in the works for trading Millar ??? Guess you'd need another infielder then. Who knows ??? Kind of hard to judge MacPhail without all the facts. Kind of hard to pinpoint this as a STUPID move without knowing the real reasoning behind it. I'd wait and see how it pans out. Andy instead of Peter ??? I'm "all in" !!!:cool: ...and Fahey looked pretty good tonight in the 9th too...

Could there be something in the works for trading Millar ??? Guess you'd need another infielder then. Who knows ??? Kind of hard to judge MacPhail without all the facts. Kind of hard to pinpoint this as a STUPID move without knowing the real reasoning behind it. I'd wait and see how it pans out. Andy instead of Peter ??? I'm "all in" !!!:cool: ...and Fahey looked pretty good tonight in the 9th too...

Trading Millar would not make bringing up Fahey any more logical. Knott can play where Millar does, Fahey probably can, but to play him at 1st would be moronic.

Don't you think he had to Ok this on some level? If he didn't, that's even worse. Did you read his quote regarding FAhey?

"Everyone knows what kind of player Fahey is. He fits into our style of play."

-Dave Trembley

What else is he going to say? He has to say positive things about the player.

Guest oriofan8
Trading Millar would not make bringing up Fahey any more logical. Knott can play where Millar does, Fahey probably can, but to play him at 1st would be moronic.

Yea...playing Fahey at 1st might be "moronic"....as you put it. But playing Gomez there and Fahey at SS is not.

I don't know why they brought Fahey up anymore than you do, BUT how can you judge a move that you don't KNOW the reason for ???

Yea...playing Fahey at 1st might be "moronic"....as you put it. But playing Gomez there and Fahey at SS is not.

I don't know why they brought Fahey up anymore than you do, BUT how can you judge a move that you don't KNOW the reason for ???

Yes, playing Gomez at first and Fahey at SS would be moronic. Even if Millar is traded, Huff and Gibbons can play first, and Knott would be a much better option to play there then Gomez/Fahey. I can judge it because there is no good reason for it. If they end up trading Gomez, Mora, or Brob, then call up Fahey after that.

Archived