Coco Crisp is a piece of --

ChaosLex

Why does everybody hate Iwamura? First Shelly Duncan spikes him in the balls and now this?

It isn't Iwamura, it isn't 2nd basemen in general. They are like 90% of the time the smallest players on the field. ;)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't seen any of the plays, but I can tell you that blocking the bag with your leg is a big big no no.

Yeah, that's what the analyst said. Bartlett "dropped his knee" while Crisp was trying to slide in on the steal. I didn't realize it was such a big deal but obviously it is. So it wasn't just random maliciousness, though it's too bad Iwamura got tackled instead of Bartlett, since he was apparently the instigator.

Yeah, that's what the analyst said. Bartlett "dropped his knee" while Crisp was trying to slide in on the steal. I didn't realize it was such a big deal but obviously it is. So it wasn't just random maliciousness, though it's too bad Iwamura got tackled instead of Bartlett, since he was apparently the instigator.

Regardless, Crisp is going to be nursing a nasty bruise on Friday morning. ;)

Sometimes I wonder what some of our more sensitive, touchy-feely posters would've though watching good old Frank Robinson sliding hard into 2B.

Probably something similar to the 21st century fans who would've insisted Earl Weaver go to anger management counseling or somesuch.

Apparently the SS was blocking the bag with his knee when Crisp tried to steal in the 6th and that is an unwritten no-no, according to analyst/former player David McCarty. Iwamura was on the receiving end of the payback.

I think this whole policing business where the players are judge, jury, and executioner is kind of stupid, but I figured it had to be something like that.

That to me sounds like a bunch of crap. I don't know about it being an unwritten rule to not do so, but it should obviously be common sense unless you want someone's spikes in your leg.

That to me sounds like a bunch of crap. I don't know about it being an unwritten rule to not do so, but it should obviously be common sense unless you want someone's spikes in your leg.

A lot of times base runners ankles will be angled so you won't get it square in the leg (so it won't hurt much). I haven't seen the play so I don't know what happen I am only going by what has been descriped here.

Well, what you should do is slide into second base feet first the next time. That will stop the shortstop or second baseman from putting his knee down.

If I'm Joe Madden I'm already making plans for tomorrow night, because my pitcher is planting one either in Crisp's knee, or the back of the first guy up if he isn't in the lineup.

There's "unwritten rules" and then there is being a loser.

They did it! James Shields hit him and Crisp charged the mound!

The Rays threw at Crisp's hip today, started a brawl.

Crisp needed to take it like a man there. They didn't throw at his head, he shouldn't have charged. Now that he charged the mound, you DO throw at his head.

Crisp took a swing at Shields, Shields threw a right which Crisp ducked. Crisp threw a punch which hit Shields' shoulder and then he was gang tackled by the Rays. Iwamura, Crawford and Gomes all got shots in while piling on top of him.

UFC would be quite proud...

Wow, the whole TB Rays team went after Coco. He should've never charged the mound. As soon as he got out there Navarro took him to the ground, then I saw Gomes lay a couple punches on him, Iwamura got some, Crawford was there. It seemed like they all were going after him. At one point, Navarro, Gomes, and Crawford were all punching him.

Archived