vs. BREWERS, 7/05

OFFNY

1 minute ago, allquixotic said:

He's 8 years older than Hawk Harrelson, and he's been broadcasting for 5 years longer than Joe Angel (whose age the Internet does not know). I'd say probably. For some reason I thought Orel Herschiser was much older but he's only 58.

Joe Angel was the starting QB on OJ Simpson's high school team.

OJ turns 70 this weekend.  

Angel could have been a soph when OJ was a senior.   Or vice versa.   So Joe must be in the 67-72 range.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

Watching this team is like having a toothache and no dentist in sight. 

What was bad about that inning?

Nothing. Tejada was fighting and they called a ball that was 4 inches outside a strike? I can't believe Palmer didn't complain about the call. 

Anyone listening to the radio? Were the announcers outraged?

After that Smith put good wood on it. We just aren't getting breaks.

Just as a meaningless aside...I was in the Barnes and Noble in Myrtle Beach the other day (in my Os jersey) and a guy introduced himself and said he played ball in high school with Joe Orsulak and that they remained good friends. He said everyone always thought Joe was going to the bigs.  We chatted for a while about the Os and Orsulak, who I always liked.  

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

I'm going to give Aquino a pass on that unproductive plate appearance.

o

National League ball sucks when your pitchers only have to prepare to bat in, like, 9 to 18 (I don't know the exact number) games per year -- that's less than four games per pitcher with a 5-man rotation. NL pitchers put a lot more time into the batting cage and occasionally do things like hit home runs. Or the way Yovani Gallardo walked it off with a double (as a Brewer) against us in this very park in 2014.

1 minute ago, allquixotic said:

National League ball sucks when your pitchers only have to prepare to bat in, like, 9 to 18 (I don't know the exact number) games per year -- that's less than four games per pitcher with a 5-man rotation. NL pitchers put a lot more time into the batting cage and occasionally do things like hit home runs. Or the way Yovani Gallardo walked it off with a double (as a Brewer) against us in this very park in 2014.

That inning is a perfect example why NL pitchers suck it up when they come to the AL.  A big inning becomes essentially easy due to having an amateur at the plate every 9 hitters. 

Archived