Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

Agreed with that. As fan it's great. As a player, whether you get traded or not, it has the potential to be sucky. 

Yep. For some guys, they get to go to a much better situation and have a chance to win a championship. For others, its the opposite. And from the personal perspective, their lives are generally turned upside down. Like someone mentioned yesterday, I am never going to forget Surhoff's reaction after he was traded to the Braves. That was so tough to watch.  

5 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Think we could get one of Cleveland's young starting pitchers like Clevinger or Bauer? 

As far as prospects go, I'd target Diaz, Mckenzie, and then a lower tier, closer to MLB pitcher like Morimando or Merrit

I hope to good not Bauer.   He is not very good and has not got any better.

McKenzie or Mejia would definutely be the centerpieces types id expect in a britton deal.

McKenzie, Chang/Jones, Yandy would be a nice haul imo.more tgan Chapman deal, little less than Miller deal.

3 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

They aren't trading him, he's in the conversation for best prospect in baseball. I've watched him play a lot this year, he's the real deal.

I didn't think so.  I'm not excited about a package headlined by McKenzie.  He's really talented but I'd prefer to get position players.  He's too many pitches (injuries) away from the bigs. 

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think DD won't trade Britton unless we get a Chapman haul from the Dodgers or Astros. 

The Indians farm doesn't seem like they have many choices. 

I could get behind a package headlined by either Francisco Mejia or Triston McKenzie.

I'm thinking Castillo will have to be traded in August or not at all. He will clear waivers right away and then we have to hope a team has a need. Probably an injury. 

Smith might be the only guy to go today. If Smith doesn't go, I think that lets us know that we really do believe we're "in it."  Or that there was just no market whatsoever. 

2 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

I could get behind a package headlined by either Francisco Mejia or Triston McKenzie.

I'm late to the Indians talk. Gotta become an expert by reading an article. Lol. Just from here, Meijia is off limits and Tristan just isn't a baseball name. 

9 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

The Orioles have plenty of good players that they can throw in to sweeten the deal. Go for broke and trade Brach in with Britton. That would really move the needle for their new team.

I think you devalue your players when you combine them like that. Especially when they are the two main trade pieces.

Combining Castillo and one of Brach/Zach or Smith and one of the relief guys is a different story.

Archived