Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you happen to remember whom the Astros traded to acquire Giles? Well, in case you forgot, here you go.

Vince Velasquez

Brett Oberholtzer

Mark Appel

Thomas Eshelman

Harold Arauz

This trade looked like Macphail got a haul for Giles.  Only Eshelman is in their top 30(29th).  Not looking so good now.  

6 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

"#Orioles seeking a big return for Britton, and teams are hesitant to commit if they're not sure Britton is ready for late season grind." - Jerry Crasnick

Hopefully a team gets desperate

I am not sure what grind teams like the Astros and Dodgers would have they can coast into the playoffs from here on out.  In the playoffs you only get back to back games then day off.

6 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

"#Orioles seeking a big return for Britton, and teams are hesitant to commit if they're not sure Britton is ready for late season grind." - Jerry Crasnick

Hopefully a team gets desperate

Fair to be concerned pending on price, but there's only so many late inning relievers and I've heard a pretty solid list of teams that want relief help. We'll see what happens.

I will say, it's hard to take what random execs say when it comes to these guys otb. They aren't going to gloat about a player that they may be trying to trade for. They're going to say any negative/unsure thing they can to make it try and lessen the price. Very well could be true that a Britton deal doesn't happen and the market doesn't come to fruition, just saying I'm not sure 4-5 days prior to the deadline is a good time to take what these random sources say seriously.

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Do you happen to remember whom the Astros traded to acquire Giles? Well, in case you forgot, here you go.

Vince Velasquez

Brett Oberholtzer

Mark Appel

Thomas Eshelman

Harold Arauz

This trade looked like Macphail got a haul for Giles.  Only Eshelman is in their top 30(29th).  Not looking so good now.  

Velasquez has shown major potential in the rotation but has some health concerns so may be moved to the pen. In that case, he's a dominant late inning reliever.

Well, 13 days ago I said the Orioles would go 6-7, and Dan would say that he doesnt think the team is totally out of it so he wants to see what deals are available after the non waiver deadline.  Subsequently the Orioles would do nothing to improve the team or sell off.

Now the first part has come true.  I hope they prove me wrong on the second part.

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

I am not sure what grind teams like the Astros and Dodgers would have they can coast into the playoffs from here on out.  In the playoffs you only get back to back games then day off.

Dbacks, Rockies (always thought Britton was unlikely, they need a setup man who can close in a pinch with Holland already there.

3 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Dbacks, Rockies (always thought Britton was unlikely, they need a setup man who can close in a pinch with Holland already there.

are the only other legit teams I see. Maybe the Cubs but I don't see how they have a solid enough main piece.

Accidentally hit post on the post above. 

8 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

We all saw what KC in 14 and 15 did and Cleveland last year. Push your pen arms and take advantage of off days. 

A division winner will have 3/4 days off at end of season. Then play 2, off day, play 2, off day and game 5.  And that is if they have to go 5 full games.  

40 minutes ago, weams said:

Britton likely to stay per several reports. How much info they have, I'm not aware. 

Apparently our asking price is too high. I see Britton traded but not until 7/31. Dan is probably asking for the moon now so he can still get a good package at the deadline. 

Just my theory

2 hours ago, Lucky_13 said:

Apparently our asking price is too high. I see Britton traded but not until 7/31. Dan is probably asking for the moon now so he can still get a good package at the deadline. 

Just my theory

Should he high ....Someone will care hoping Dodgers or Stros.

Would love to trade Britton and Brach to Houston for 

Tucker, Whitley, Moran, C Perez, Alcala and Armenteros.

Archived