POLL: Yay or nay on Beckham trade?

PaulFolk

POLL: Do you like the Tim Beckham trade?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Tim Beckham trade?

• Yes. Beckham is under control through 2020 and could be the SS of the future.
    • No. We should be acquiring prospects, not trading them away.
    • Meh. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, AlbionHero said:

Beckham has 0.8 fWAR in 4 games... thats more then Davis and Jones have the entire season.

This guy is pretty good.

This guy had four pretty good games.     I think if you could track fWAR you'd see a lot of 4 game fluctuations that are pretty wild.    

I do think he's got a lot of talent and may be capable of putting up offensive numbers that significantly exceed what he did in Tampa.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

This guy had four pretty good games.     I think if you could track fWAR you'd see a lot of 4 game fluctuations that are pretty wild.    

I do think he's got a lot of talent and may be capable of putting up offensive numbers that significantly exceed what he did in Tampa.

He's got warts, but even his past two seasons he's giving you about 2 WAR per 600 PA.  I think there is some upside too, all it would take is getting the strikeout rate down a bit and we'd really have something valuable. It's encouraging that this season he's barreling the ball more, as shown by his hard hit  (43%) being the highest in his career and his Infield fly ball rate being the lowest of his career @ 1.7%. His line drive % is 24.3% also a career high.

o

(vs. TIGERS, 8/05)

NUMBER 15

TIMOTHY LAMAR BECKHAM

TIMOTHY LAMAR BECKHAM

TIMOTHY LAMAR BECKHAM

TIMOTHY LAMAR BECKHAM

TIMOTHY LAMAR BECKHAM

TIMOTHY LAMAR BECKHAM

TIMOTHY LAMAR BECKHAM

o

21 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think it's usually a much longer, slower burn on the negative side of the ledger. 

o

(vs. ATHLETICS, 8/12)

Timothy Lamar Beckham had 4 more hits tonight (3 of which were doubles), scored 3 Runs, and had 3 RBI's.

He has been great overall since his acquisition just prior to the trade deadline.

o

11 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. ATHLETICS, 8/12)

Timothy Lamar Beckham had 4 more hits tonight (3 of which were doubles), scored 3 Runs, and had 3 RBI's.

He has been great overall since his acquisition just prior to the trade deadline.

o

o

Another Look at Tim Beckham’s Amazing Start with the Orioles

(By Steve Melewski)

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2017/08/another-look-at-tim-beckhams-amazing-start-with-the-orioles.html

o

o

(vs. MARINERS, 8/14)

NUMBER 16

TIMOTHY LAMAR BECKHAM

TIMOTHY LAMAR BECKHAM

TIMOTHY LAMAR BECKHAM

TIMOTHY LAMAR BECKHAM

TIMOTHY LAMAR BECKHAM

TIMOTHY LAMAR BECKHAM

TIMOTHY LAMAR BECKHAM

o