Manny's Glove

BohKnowsBmore

2 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Because he does things, namely turn the DP, that isn't particularly well-captured or measured.

Schoop's value as a cut off/relay man is underrated, IMO. Some of the throws he can make from shallow RF into H can suck the air out of a building. Same goes for Manny.

On 8/6/2017 at 0:31 PM, BohKnowsBmore said:

I think you may be overly willing to accept UZR, etc. as closer-to-perfect than they actually are.  I think Schoop is one of those guys that should make you question the models a little bit, or wonder what may not be adequately captured in terms of value.  My question was more regarding whether Fangraphs, etc. will simply look at his dWAR and think of it as gospel or have a more intellectually curious approach.

Just an observation -- most 2B are faster than Schoop, and cover more ground.   I don't need fancy stats to tell me that.    I also don't need them to tell me that Schoop can make throws that most 2B can't make, and that he turns the DP incredibly well.     But let's not pretend his range is good.   

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Just an observation -- most 2B are faster than Schoop, and cover more ground.   I don't need fancy stats to tell me that.    I also don't need them to tell me that Schoop can make throws that most 2B can't make, and that he turns the DP incredibly well.     But let's not pretend his range is good.   

Not trying to pretend his range is good. Just that I think he has some skills that aren't adequately captured. 

Archived