Buck Showalter Inducted into NY-Penn League Hall-of-Fame

OFFNY

o

Showalter was managing in the Yankees' organization at that time (1985-1986), but he's managing for the Orioles now.

In those 2 seasons of managing for the Oneonta Yankees, his teams established NY-Penn League records for wins in both seasons (55 in 1989, and 59 in 1985.)

The Oneonta Yankees won their division by 19 games in 1985, and 22.5 games in 1986.

1985 Oneonta Yankees llllll 55-23 llll (.705)

1986 Oneonta Yankees lllll. 59-18 llll (.766)

Current O’s Skipper to be Inducted into the New York-Penn League Hall of Fame

(By Sean Naylor)

http://fox43.com/2017/08/08/current-os-skipper-to-be-inducted-into-new-york-penn-league-hall-of-fame/

o

21 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

Congratulations to Buck! I've enjoyed him as our manager, and I think we've been blessed with some good ones even through dark years.

o

I liked Mike Hargrove a lot, both when he managed the Indians and the Orioles.

In September of 2003, as the Orioles were winding down the 2001 season in which they would finish with a 71-91 overall record, I asked my cousin Donnie (Yankee fan) if he thought that anybody could have done a better job than Hargrove did with the team that he had that season. He replied, "With THAT team ??? No."

Hargrove also showed (in my rat's ass of an opinion) a lot of integrity when he resigned as manager of the Mariners right after they had just won 8 consecutive games, which improved their overall record to 45-33. He stated that his passion for managing was fading, and that it wouldn't be fair to him or the team if he continued to stay on, despite the team's overall success. 

That marked the first time since 1900 that a manager resigned after a winning streak of more than 7 games.

o

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

Showalter was managing in the Yankees' organization at that time (1985-1986), but he's managing for the Orioles now.

In those 2 seasons of managing for the Oneonta Yankees, his teams established NY-Penn League records for wins in both seasons (55 in 1989, and 59 in 1985.)

The Oneonta Yankees won their division by 19 games in 1985, and 22.5 games in 1986.

1985 Oneonta Yankees llllll 55-23 llll (.705)

1986 Oneonta Yankees lllll. 59-18 llll (.766)

Current O’s Skipper to be Inducted into the New York-Penn League Hall of Fame

(By Sean Naylor)

http://fox43.com/2017/08/08/current-os-skipper-to-be-inducted-into-new-york-penn-league-hall-of-fame/

o

That's nice for Buck. Congratulations to him. 

Archived