Turn Out the Lights

weams

Hard to believe we can keep it close trotting out Ubaldo, Miley and Hellickson three out of five games, but stranger things have happened.  We still have multiple series with Boston, one with NYY and one with Cleveland.  It's a tough road to hoe, but apparently one our GM thought was worth giving up prospects and slots for.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

Hard to believe we can keep it close trotting out Ubaldo, Miley and Hellickson three out of five games, but stranger things have happened.  We still have multiple series with Boston, one with NYY and one with Cleveland.  It's a tough road to hoe, but apparently one our GM thought was worth giving up prospects and slots for.

I started to believe the 2nd WC was possible with the sweep of the royals. I knew it was a still a long shot but still wanted to keep the hope. This west coast trip has changed those thoughts. The O's are now just half a game over Toronto for last place in the division. While there are still plenty of games left, at some point you will run out of chances and there are a ton of teams ahead of the O's for the 2nd WC.

38 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

What I would give to just dump Chris Davis at this point.  It's hard to believe he's going to be here another 5 seasons.

If Davis was even a half decent hitter in clutch spots this team would be leading the 2nd wild card. Davis talks about hitting into bad luck this season, dude, you don't even swing the bat.

So let's get this straight -- Davis was 2-5 with a double, the Orioles scored 6 runs but still lost, and it's all Davis' fault because he made the last out.

Let's say the party is over.  We have a bright spot in the Beckham trade for 2018 because he fills a HUGE need at little cost.  So there's that.

But the team has to, has to, has to make better decisions with their starting pitchers.  Starting.  Pitching.  Is the real problem here.

1 hour ago, 25 Nuggets said:

So let's get this straight -- Davis was 2-5 with a double, the Orioles scored 6 runs but still lost, and it's all Davis' fault because he made the last out.

Let's say the party is over.  We have a bright spot in the Beckham trade for 2018 because he fills a HUGE need at little cost.  So there's that.

But the team has to, has to, has to make better decisions with their starting pitchers.  Starting.  Pitching.  Is the real problem here.

You make some good points.

That said it is hard to watch a man look at a fastball literally right down the middle of the plate to end a game. It happens way too much. Davis also assumed he had hit a HR in his previous at bat when he didn't. 

No doubt the pitching is the key. Just easier said than done to fix it.  

1 hour ago, 25 Nuggets said:

You are correct about Davis. I've given him some grief here but yesterday was not on him.

4 hours ago, 25 Nuggets said:

I agree.  Buck and Ubaldo were much  more the culprits in my book in that one.    And of course it is pitching.  It is always pitching.  For every team.  All the time.  And it always has been.  And it always will be.   

Archived