Off Season News

Diehard_O's_Fan

When will we finally find out if the Orioles are going to decline Miley's option? When will we find out if Wellington is going to accept or reject his player option? When will we find out if the Orioles are going to fire any of their coaches? The Orioles have been very quiet since the end of their season. I don't know about you but I am ready for some news.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

When will we finally find out if the Orioles are going to decline Miley's option? When will we find out if Wellington is going to accept or reject his player option? When will we find out if the Orioles are going to fire any of their coaches? The Orioles have been very quiet since the end of their season. I don't know about you but I am ready for some news.

Stayed tuned for, As The Market Peculates.

14 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Teams aren't supposed to make any big announcements during playoffs/world series. Maybe something will happen between the LCS and the WS, but most announcements will follow the WS.

24 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Teams aren't supposed to make any big announcements during playoffs/world series. Maybe something will happen between the LCS and the WS, but most announcements will follow the WS.

And I think all the dates for opting in or out, exercising options etc. are pegged to x days after the World Series.   

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

And I think all the dates for opting in or out, exercising options etc. are pegged to x days after the World Series.   

I know that Toronto already announced they weren't exercising Jose Bautista's option.

Here are some dates.  Not all you asked for but its a start.

Immediately after World Series
Eligible players become free agents

Fifth day after end of World Series (tentative)
Deadline for clubs to make qualifying offers to their eligible former players who became free agents

Sixth day after end of World Series
First day free agents may sign contracts with a club other than their former club. 

12th day after end of World Series
Last date for Article XX (B) free agents to accept a qualifying offer from a former club (midnight ET) 

November 20, 2017 (tentative) 
Day to file reserve lists for all Major and Minor League levels. 

December 2, 2017
Last date for clubs to offer 2018 contracts to unsigned players (midnight ET). 

December, 2017
Winter Meetings, Orlando.

December, 2017
Rule 5 Draft.

Brian Cashman could not be more definitive than he was last week, telling me: “We are getting under the threshold next year.”

That will frame the Yankees’ entire offseason. Now, the organization has made strong statements about wanting to do this before, but always with caveats. This was caveat-free. Plus, ownership is driving this as much as baseball operations.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/07/the-biggest-reason-the-yankees-need-japans-babe-ruth/

1 minute ago, weams said:

Still, this is the first time since then that the Yanks have a chance, and I do not think they are simply stating a company line. The new collective bargaining agreement made the penalties for being over the tax even more odious, especially for repeat offenders such as the Yankees. Plus, getting under the tax even one time means becoming viewed as a first-time offender the next time a team is over, thus, resetting what the Yankees would be taxed from 50 percent of every dollar over the threshold (and 92 percent at certain payroll levels) to 20 percent.

18 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Maybe after the WS?

Archived