Should the Orioles bring back Miguel Gonzalez?

Diehard_O's_Fan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Would Miguel Gonzalez be an upgrade for the Orioles? Should the Orioles bring him back? I am undecided on this one.

I wouldn't mind having him back but I don't see that happening. When DD cut him loose I think there are or were hurt feelings on hurt feelings on his part. There are some posters on this board I believe know more than I do about Miggy and him being released by DD. 

Yes, because we won't be players in the tier of pitchers that we'd all like to sign. Miguel's tier is what we will be working with, so you might as well get the guy you know and tell your infielders and outfielders to maybe not suck so much at defense in 2018. 

3 hours ago, Aglets said:

He was worth essentially 0 WAR this year, which yes, is an actual upgrade over Ubaldo/Tillman/Miley but I think we should try to set our sights a little higher first.

Exactly.  Miggy is a great guy who should be forced on us after two dozen other options have been ruled out.

1 hour ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I would like to see the Orioles sign a better starting pitcher as well. I was just curious what everyone else thought about this.

You know DD is not going to sign top pitchers. Sure I'd like Lynn or Cobb. But I am very doubtful DD would sign a pitcher like that. 

Archived