*GASP* Millar goes to Boston for game two!!!

Moose Milligan

Count me as one who was really annoyed with the WS promo and also pretty annoyed with the first pitch and lineup reading but you can't be serious about this. What's wrong with using some connections to get tickets to the NBA Finals? Now I don't understand why anyone would go there and root for the Celtics but I am biased. I despise everything about Boston.

Someone made a kayfabe reference earlier and thats what it reminds me of, a kid who just found out that pro wrestling isn't real, that the heel and the face are actually friends in the locker room. If you take a job with a different company are you not allowed to continue being friends with those people at your previous job? Sure you shouldn't be doing commercials for them, but taking in ball game with your former co-workers is fine.

One more thing. If you don't understand the concept of having good friends on other teams, then you have never played sports. If anything you want to beat your friends more than some random person you don't know.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you for pointing out the "ironic satire" of this thread... But, as originally stated, Millar was there with his Red Sox buddies, so how does it have "nothing to do with the Red Sox"?
Because you have no idea who he was there with. The link said he was there, as were several other Boston icons. Do you think all these Boston icons were there together?

As someone else brought up, its certianly possible Millar was there with several other Orioles players. Or there rooting for the Lakers.

Even if he was there with Theo Epstein and Ted Williams frozen head, there wouldn't be any reason to be so ridiculously upset about this.

Do you have any friends/colleagues that are Red Sox or Yankees fans? Its the same exact situation.

Because you have no idea who he was there with. The link said he was there, as were several other Boston icons. Do you think all these Boston icons were there together?

As someone else brought up, its certianly possible Millar was there with several other Orioles players. Or there rooting for the Lakers.

Sporting a Kevin Garnett jersey, matching Celtics hat, and a large white cast on his left arm, Big Papi is sandwiched between Antoine Walker and Kevin Millar along one of the baselines. That row also includes Vince Wilfork and Richard Seymour, so there's a lot of Boston sports talent in that one section.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2008/06/papis_here_too.html

Not to be outdone by their professional football counterparts, the Red Sox (and an alumnus) are out in full force at the Garden.

After today's final score (Boston 2, Seattle 1) was displayed on the Jumbotron, the camera panned to different spots of the arena to show Larry Lucchino, John Henry, Curt Schilling, Mike Lowell, and Jon Lester. Also in attendance: Mr. Cowboy Up Kevin Millar.

"Sweet Caroline" played softly as the camera showed the Sox.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2008/06/nice_sox.html

Ok, fine, he was there with the Red Sox.

Now we're to my point about even if he was there with Red Sox, who cares? Its utterly ridiculous to criticize him for that. Its freaking ridiculous. Do you have any friends who are Red Sox fans? Yankees fans? Thats the exact same situation.

Criticizing Millar over this shows a level of ignorance and lack of understanding that to me is unbelievable.

And I'll ask again, if you have such a big problem with Millar fraternizing with some of his best friends, what are your opinions of Chris Paul? How can he possibly be the face of the Hornets, their team leader, and franchise player for probably the next 10+ years with the way he interacts with opposing players?

Ok, fine, he was there with the Red Sox.

Now we're to my point about even if he was there with Red Sox, who cares? Its utterly ridiculous to criticize him for that. Its freaking ridiculous. Do you have any friends who are Red Sox fans? Yankees fans? Thats the exact same situation.

Criticizing Millar over this shows a level of ignorance and lack of understanding that to me is unbelievable.

And I'll ask again, if you have such a big problem with Millar fraternizing with some of his best friends, what are your opinions of Chris Paul? How can he possibly be the face of the Hornets, their team leader, and franchise player for probably the next 10+ years with the way he interacts with opposing players?

I have friends that are Red Sox fans but I'm not being played to compete against my so called friends in a three game series the next day. Millar is being paid to compete against these guys and their team. Yet he keeps trying to stay in the hearts of Boston fans any chance he gets. How does that look to his teammates? Better yet what does Trembley think about it?

When Millar is seen with Ortiz who has shown up Oriole pitchers numerous times, how does that help club chemistry? The Orioles are supposed to be united against the Sox, so I would guess it doesn't help when one of your teammates tries to hang out with the team and relive past glories of 4 years ago every chance he gets.

I have no problem with fraternization before a game in warmups, or even after the season. But spending the night out with the opposing team members before you play the opposing team is not right. Ramirez was crucified in the Boston media and by the fans for hanging out with a Yankee during one series. I don't see why Millar shouldn't get the same treatment, unless people have given up on the Sox being a rival and are just content to let them walk all over us.

I have friends that are Red Sox fans but I'm not being played to compete against my so called friends in a three game series the next day. Millar is being paid to compete against these guys and their team. Yet he keeps trying to stay in the hearts of Boston fans any chance he gets. How does that look to his teammates? Better yet what does Trembley think about it?

When Millar is seen with Ortiz who has shown up Oriole pitchers numerous times, how does that help club chemistry? The Orioles are supposed to be united against the Sox, so I would guess it doesn't help when one of your teammates tries to hang out with the team and relive past glories of 4 years ago every chance he gets.

What is your job? do you have friends who work a similar job but for another company?

Your arguments are getting more and more ridiculous. Starting to question Millar's standing with his own teammates. He's been nothing but loved by everybody in that locker room according to evreything thats been reported.

We know you hate millar and that you also overreact moreso than anyone else on this board to any small little thing. When one of those things involves Millar, it goes even further into some ridiculous realm. Your opinions on this matter are absurd. A grown man can go to a basketball game. It doesn't make him a traitor to his teammates or less of a leader.

What is your job? do you have friends who work a similar job but for another company?

Your arguments are getting more and more ridiculous. Starting to question Millar's standing with his own teammates. He's been nothing but loved by everybody in that locker room according to evreything thats been reported.

We know you hate millar and that you also overreact moreso than anyone else on this board to any small little thing. When one of those things involves Millar, it goes even further into some ridiculous realm. Your opinions on this matter are absurd. A grown man can go to a basketball game. It doesn't make him a traitor to his teammates or less of a leader.

It's not that he's just attending a basketball game, its that the media is referring to him as being part of the Red Sox still and still part of Boston sports. He's not though, he's a Baltimore Oriole, his contract is paid for by the Baltimore Orioles. He was last part of the Sox four seasons ago. You didn't see any other former Sox player there let alone one that was under contract to a rival team. He went alone with no other Oriole players. And it wasn't like he was back in the crowd or in a box somewhere, he was courtside in a row of Boston sports players where he could be seen and identified as being part of Boston sports.

It makes this team look like a joke. The Orioles aren't good enough for Millar so he's got to keep going back to the Sox. It doesn't help the team image to have a player keep going to your rival team and fans for support and praise. Somebody needs to remind this guy that his Boston playing days are over and there will be plenty of time to relive his past after the season ends and he's a FA.

It's not that he's just attending a basketball game, its that the media is referring to him as being part of the Red Sox still and still part of Boston sports. He's not though, he's a Baltimore Oriole, his contract is paid for by the Baltimore Orioles. He was last part of the Sox four seasons ago. You didn't see any other former Sox player there let alone one that was under contract to a rival team. He went alone with no other Oriole players.

It makes this team look like a joke. The Orioles aren't good enough for Millar so he's got to keep going back to the Sox. It doesn't help the team image to have a player keep going to your rival team and fans for support and praise. Somebody needs to remind this guy that his Boston playing days are over and there will be plenty of time to relive his past after the season ends and he's a FA.

I disagree with everything in this post. It doesn't reflect poorly on the O's at all, IMO. So what if he was being recognized with other boston athletes. Its a complete non-issue, IMO. He's hitting and playing well for us, which is all that realyl matters. But on top of that, he's universally regarded as a major positive influence in the clubhouse. If he was doing something that anybody disliked, they'd tell him about it. You are seemingly the only person who has an issue with this, because it doesn't appear that anybody in the O's front office or clubhouse is pissed at Millar for hanging out with his friends.

Holy cow, dude...they're not the enemy. He still has friends on the Red Sox. Good friends. Do I need to end my friendship with a buddy of four years because he left my firm for a competitor?

I've been in that clubhouse and I can assure there's no problem with chemistry when it comes to Kevin Millar. To imply that he's trying to re-live his time with the Red Sox is ludicrous. :rolleyes:

I disagree with everything in this post. It doesn't reflect poorly on the O's at all, IMO. So what if he was being recognized with other boston athletes. Its a complete non-issue, IMO. He's hitting and playing well for us, which is all that realyl matters. But on top of that, he's universally regarded as a major positive influence in the clubhouse. If he was doing something that anybody disliked, they'd tell him about it. You are seemingly the only person who has an issue with this, because it doesn't appear that anybody in the O's front office or clubhouse is pissed at Millar for hanging out with his friends.

Apparently you don't get how Millar wanting to be identified as still be part of the Red Sox and Boston sports instead of hanging out with his current teammates isn't a slap in the face to the Orioles and their fans. Either that or you feel the Orioles are inferior to the Red Sox and could care less...

Apparently you don't get how Millar wanting to be identified as still be part of the Red Sox and Boston sports instead of hanging out with his current teammates isn't a slap in the face to the Orioles and their fans. Either that or you feel the Orioles are inferior to the Red Sox and could care less...

Or that you feel the O's are inferior to the Sox and are overcompensating by blowing this out of proportion.

Right, he never, ever hangs out with his current teammates. Like how during the last series he would sit in the Red Sox dugout between innings. I think its beyond stupid to suggest that he desires to be identified as a Red Sox player and refuses to admit he's an Oriole and hang out with his own teammates. He went to one freaking game.

You're becoming a broken record of ridiculousness.

To imply that he's trying to re-live his time with the Red Sox is ludicrous. :rolleyes:

It is? You've got to be kidding me if you don't think that's what he's trying to do. Why else would he sit courtside with all the other Boston sports figures? He wants to continuously be recognized and supported by Boston fans.

I have no problem with fraternization before a game in warmups, or even after the season. But spending the night out with the opposing team members before you play the opposing team is not right. Ramirez was crucified in the Boston media and by the fans for hanging out with a Yankee during one series. I don't see why Millar shouldn't get the same treatment, unless people have given up on the Sox being a rival and are just content to let them walk all over us.

Your argument against Millar is so utterly ridculous, I don't know why we even bother to keep the discussion going. He was at the FINALS of a BASKETBALL game. I don't care if he is sleeping with Varitek's wife! As long as he gives 100% when he steps on the field, that is ALL that matters.

And since you are SO hell bent on keep bringing this up, why were you not upset when the Orioles players went to a Wizards game last year? How dare they go to a game for the dreaded, hated Washington team.

Get a clue JTrea. Rivalries are for FANS only. Players do not hate the other players who they play against. They are friends with them. If you can't handle this, then so be it. But you won't find many people who are going to agree with your point of view.

Archived