*GASP* Millar goes to Boston for game two!!!

Moose Milligan

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But don't you see the potential conflict of interest here? I doubt Millar got tickets by himself. He is being paid by the Orioles and yet he's hanging out and possibly accepting gifts in this case (the invite to the Celtics game) from a rival organization and/or it's players.

Ah whatever, I just don't think it's kosher. But obviously I'm in the minority...

Oh I get it, so basically you are paranoid that Millar is being paid off by the EVIL RED SOX PLAYERS to throw the next series we have with them. It all makes sense now, we must release Kevin Millar!

Who cares? I was much more upset by Kevin throwing out a pitch during the World Series than going to catch a Basketball Championship game in Boston. Boston seems like a good city and he did spend a few good years there, including one as a World Champion. If you played baseball for a team for a few years and liked a bunch of the guys, would you ignore them when they came to town? Would you not show them a good time? Would you not go to the same restuarants and hang out with the same people you did during your playing days in that town? We all would!

I will bust his base-BALLS for not hustling down to first which may have cost us a game, swinging at the first pitch when a pitcher is having trouble getting the ball over, and not moving a runner to the next base in key situations. I will not however, put a guy down for recognizing that his previous sports city will always hold a place in his heart.

There are worse things....

I think you need to re-calibrate the old sarcasm detector.

Plus, it doesn't help that the only time he hasn't run out a ground ball (and ended up costing us the game) was when we played Boston.:scratchchinhmm:

Does it help that he's hit .272/.367/.485-.852 against his former team since being with the Orioles?

Who cares? I was much more upset by Kevin throwing out a pitch during the World Series than going to catch a Basketball Championship game in Boston. Boston seems like a good city and he did spend a few good years there, including one as a World Champion. If you played baseball for a team for a few years and liked a bunch of the guys, would you ignore them when they came to town? Would you not show them a good time? Would you not go to the same restuarants and hang out with the same people you did during your playing days in that town? We all would!

I will bust his base-BALLS for not hustling down to first which may have cost us a game, swinging at the first pitch when a pitcher is having trouble getting the ball over, and not moving a runner to the next base in key situations. I will not however, put a guy down for recognizing that his previous sports city will always hold a place in his heart.

There are worse things....

*grabs screwdriver*

*tweeks SevisonJN's sarcasm detector*

Uh.. you guys do realize it was a day off and he attended a basketball game right.:bangwall::drek:

Here's the thing: it's apparent that some of us have more vehement feelings towards the Red Sox than others do. It just rubs me the wrong way, and it's ONLY because it's the Red Sox. I hate everyhting about them, and I'll go out on a limb and say that every member of that team and fanbase is possessed by the Devil. I've never hated any group of players and/or fans more than I hate them. And all this type of thing does is give Red Sox fans yet another thing to hang over us. I'm sorry, but logic just ain't gonna do it, not on this topic.

Just a thought, JT, but how do you even know if any other Orioles were there besides Millar? The blogger listed a bunch of Boston sports celebrities who were there, not every single person in attendance who was even a little bit famous. He never said all those people were sitting together either. Maybe Millar was just spotted in the crowd. I mean, if you're a baseball player with an off day in a road city and you don't want to get arrested or divorced for what you do there, going to a playoff basketball game seems like a pretty good way to pass the time. For all we know Millar could have been sitting between Luke Scott and Aubrey Huff at the game and they just weren't mentioned because nobody in Boston cared that they were there.

I agree.

I mean, he's awful. He's a complete butcher with the glove and he hasn't provided this team with ANYTHING this year as far as offense goes.

How he's stayed in the league for so long is just amazing to me.

Benedict Arnold. Kevin Millar. Is it not a coincidence that Arnold's last name stars with "Ar" and Millar's last name ends with "ar"????? McFly!?!??!?!!?

It's not a coincidence. You can even swap their first names around with their last names and have perfectly normal sounding names. Kevin Benedict and Arnold Millar. What does THAT tell you?

The fact that we have grown content, boarder-line happy with Millar as an everyday player is sad. We have grown accustom to mediocrity. Boston on the other hand upgraded over a 33 year old Kevin Millar after '05; and here we are three years later content and satisfied with a 36 year old Kevin Millar as an everyday player. O well.

Benedict Arnold. Kevin Millar. Is it not a coincidence that Arnold's last name stars with "Ar" and Millar's last name ends with "ar"????? McFly!?!??!?!!?

It's not a coincidence. You can even swap their first names around with their last names and have perfectly normal sounding names. Kevin Benedict and Arnold Millar. What does THAT tell you?

OMG, what have you started now? The next name that springs to mind in this connection is none other than our old friend/enemy, the arch traitor-from-within (turned in his later years to ally-from-without) ARmando BEnitez ... :eek:

Here's the thing: it's apparent that some of us have more vehement feelings towards the Red Sox than others do. It just rubs me the wrong way, and it's ONLY because it's the Red Sox. I hate everyhting about them, and I'll go out on a limb and say that every member of that team and fanbase is possessed by the Devil. I've never hated any group of players and/or fans more than I hate them. And all this type of thing does is give Red Sox fans yet another thing to hang over us. I'm sorry, but logic just ain't gonna do it, not on this topic.

So if Curt Schilling was seen watching a Ravens game...?

OMG, what have you started now? The next name that springs to mind in this connection is none other than our old friend/enemy, the arch traitor-from-within (turned in his later years to ally-from-without) ARmando BEnitez ... :eek:
Ally-from-without!

Gold. :)

Sounds like some of you are doing that without their help...;)

Archived