Fanfest

Going Underground

30 minutes ago, Triple Crown said:

Yea, that sets you up nicely for future employment. I don't think there's much doubt in baseball management circles, where the problem is with the Orioles front office

If he tries to push Angelos to try to legitimately improve the team, I don’t think it hurts him much in the future either given all the love that Angelos no doubt has sown among other owners.  

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Yeah publically insubordinate your boss, that is definitely the way to go. That will show Pete!

And I guess he has just been bumbling through the last 6 years, not able to deal with said owner as he has done something that no other GM in the last 25 years has done...win.

So then let’s just have a pity party for poor Dan who says he has “no idea” how to get any starting pitching because of the mean old Potter.  He can just ride out his contract, get his paycheck, finish last again and then move on where he can THEN blame Angelos for all the losing and take all the credit for the winning.     Sometimes a spade needs to be called a spade.   Whistleblowers do it all the time when they believe they have a greater obligation to the public than to their boss. 

3 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

So join me, cancel you cable and with it MASN, go to zero games, and do nothing to have your hard earned dollars line the pockets of someone like Chris Davis getting paid 23 million dollars a year to be one of the worst at his position in baseball. Sports is out of whack in America and the average Joe needs to wake up and stop feeding it.

I'm right there with you. The Orioles and Ravens aren't getting a cent from me next season. In fact, the only times I go to Orioles games is when my company gives them to me for free. I can't remember the last time I bought a ticket.

I wish someone would ask Dan why they did relatively nothing while they had a young, affordable core in place and while the Yankees and Red Sox weren't dominant. They wasted a golden opportunity and it's disappointing but expected

Jerry Coleman says Brady has told him twice, once this year and once last year, that the Orioles should have been proactive and signed Manny longterm several years ago.

Interesting, first time anyone in the front office has admitted that that I know of.

2 hours ago, interloper said:

Dan says he knows they need to add pitchers but "don't ask me how", according to Meoli tweet.

Wow.

The full quote wasn’t nearly as negative as this sounded when I read it.    “So the key will be addressing the starting pitching, and if we can do that,  and I’m confident we can — don’t ask me how exactly — but if we can do that we can have another really good season.”   http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/01/duquette-on-starting-pitching-his-contract-and-more.html

15 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Jerry Coleman says Brady has told him twice, once this year and once last year, that the Orioles should have been proactive and signed Manny longterm several years ago.

Interesting, first time anyone in the front office has admitted that that I know of.

Brady had made remarks like that before, without mentioning Manny by name.   

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

The full quote wasn’t nearly as negative as this sounded when I read it.    “So the key will be addressing the starting pitching, and if we can do that,  and I’m confident we can — don’t ask me how exactly — but if we can do that we can have another really good season.”   

That's way too many ifs and buts considering it's only a couple weeks until pitchers and catchers report.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Adam quoted as saying that the Orioles have not addressed his future with the team, and that he wants to be part of a winning environment, that's more important than the money.

And he says if they bring in the right person to play center field he would be willing to move to right field.

Archived