Slow Offseason around MLB

Redskins Rick

1 minute ago, weams said:

You know my belief system on this. I believe a free agent doesn't do a leg curl without a contract. 

If you're a pitcher who isn't signed and it's March 10 and less than 3 weeks till opening day, you better be throwing.    Or your value will decrease because you'll not be ready to start the season.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, SteveA said:

If you're a pitcher who isn't signed and it's March 10 and less than 3 weeks till opening day, you better be throwing.    Or your value will decrease because you'll not be ready to start the season.

I believe they look at Zach Britton before they get on a treadmill. 

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

What happens to your value if you start doing preseason with a bunch of other free agents and you injure your shoulder or tear a ligament?  

With the free-agent market stalled in part by an increasing number of teams that are not trying to win, Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen suggested Saturday that the players might have to consider going on strike for the first time since 1994.

"Maybe we have to go on strike, to be honest with you," Jansen said at the annual Fan Fest at Dodger Stadium

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers-jansen-union-20180127-story.html

Brewers sign Matt Albers.   2 years, $5 million.

Busy week for the Brewers, they must not have gotten the collusion memo.

Once ALL the relievers are signed, then MLB teams will start considering hitters and starting pitchers.   The dam's gotta break eventually.

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Brewers sign Matt Albers.   2 years, $5 million.

Busy week for the Brewers, they must not have gotten the collusion memo.

Once ALL the relievers are signed, then MLB teams will start considering hitters and starting pitchers.   The dam's gotta break eventually.

Wow, that's not a lot of money for a 2.5 WAR relief pitcher in 2017.  I know Albers was bad in 2016, but come on.  

Archived