Slow Offseason around MLB

Redskins Rick

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm fine with that.

I do have an issue when they collectively bargain money away from guys they won't let into the Union.

I don't like that they took money away from 16 year olds in the Dominican and High School kids.

That's ok. They will be in a draft next time anyway. 

7 hours ago, pastorfan said:

I'd say don't complain just go be your own boss. And if you can't then you know why your boss is your boss.

No t that easy. One of the biggest hurdles to starting a new business is insurance. Many people, myself included are afraid to leave a job with a decent insurance package. I wasn’t comfortable leaving my job to start my own business until my wife’s insurance could cover me as well as what I had at my own job. Many people don’t have that luxury.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Will the Orioles be under orders not to select them? 

You can blame Andy for that as well. He should not have told Peter. Both of the sons spent time down there and it never seemed to bother them. Andy turned Peter. 

25 minutes ago, weams said:

You can blame Andy for that as well. He should not have told Peter. Both of the sons spent time down there and it never seemed to bother them. Andy turned Peter. 

Hey don’t criticize Andy “The Architect” Macphail.  His last 10-15 years as a GM has resulted in zero playoff appearances, but DD is a terrible GM. Macphail is more fondly remembered here than Cal Ripken and apple pie. 

DD threw a rotation together of Hammel, Gonzo and Chen in 2012. I think he’s still got a move up his sleeve for this offseason. This is DD’s dream market. Let the man work. 

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

BTW if the players actually boycott spring training, or worse yet, strike.  Boy are they going to be on the wrong side of the PR fight.

Let me get this right, you are boycotting Spring Training because teams won't sign your fellow players to bad contracts?

Yeah if they have an  illegal strike I am done with baseball.  Let them go play in Japan or Korea,

Archived