So What is the Plan for Starting Pitching?

backwardsk

12 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Yeah, I have to squint really hard to see Castro as a starter.  

Speaking of Castro, I was disappointed he hadn’t put on any weight at mini-camp. I’d hire him a personal chef if I was running the team. Feed the man.

I read that he had been really sick right before camp.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, esmd said:

I'm not sold on Castro at all.  He had a good run in a limited sample size.  Plenty of guys have done that and then fallen off the table.  I think they're making a big mistake if they count on him making the move to the rotation.

I agree with you. I don't think Castro's stuff will work as well the second time through a lineup. I also think Cortes will be in the bullpen.

The O's will sign some veteran starting pitching. Once Darvish signs, things will start moving.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

They can’t count on any one of the in-house candidates making the rotation.    I’d be fine letting those candidates compete for the fifth spot if we have decent solutions at the other two.   

I'd prefer to have 5 known quantities, but yeah, beggars can't be chooser's.  Filling the other two spots is all we can reasonably expect and then hope Marte, Castro, or someone else can hold down the 5th spot.  Problem is, with each passing day, I am less and less optimistic about them adequately filling the other two spots.

3 hours ago, esmd said:

I'd prefer to have 5 known quantities, but yeah, beggars can't be chooser's.  Filling the other two spots is all we can reasonably expect and then hope Marte, Castro, or someone else can hold down the 5th spot.  Problem is, with each passing day, I am less and less optimistic about them adequately filling the other two spots.

Did you mean Cortes? I wish they had the Astros Marte.

Archived