Orioles Talked To Marlins at Meetings About Dan Straily

section18

5 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

What?  Nobody is talking about trading Machado for Straily and Prado.  Or Mullins or Scott or Reyes.  Miami wants to get rid of salary.  Nobody is lining up to take Prado.  Straily is the incentive to get Baltimore involved.  The return would be non prospects. A couple have been listed, but they are not top 25 guys.

Good. I misread. Thank Santa Claus they're not trading Machado for Prado. I think the fever is making me delirious.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys. Take this as a grain of salt. Marlins and Orioles are talking about Straily. Will probably get deeper in talks after Yelich is traded. Most likely scenario is Yelich and Prado are going to the Braves so Prado won’t be coming back.  Marlins love Austin Hays but O’s said no way from the start. They prefer to give up Mullins and a pitching prospect. We shall see. Again I’m just a messenger don’t rip my head off. 

Thanks for the info Ralph. Do you have inside contacts or something? The Orioles would be absolutely stupid to trade Austin Hays. The Orioles have been waiting for years for a good outfielder to come out of their farm system. Austin will probably be the best outfielder since Markakis. I think he has the potential to be even better than Nick.

29 minutes ago, Ralph said:

Hey guys. Take this as a grain of salt. Marlins and Orioles are talking about Straily. Will probably get deeper in talks after Yelich is traded. Most likely scenario is Yelich and Prado are going to the Braves so Prado won’t be coming back.  Marlins love Austin Hays but O’s said no way from the start. They prefer to give up Mullins and a pitching prospect. We shall see. Again I’m just a messenger don’t rip my head off. 

The impression I got is that the Marlins aren't adding Prado to a Yelich trade because they want to maximize his haul.  That's just from national media sources, mlbtraderumors, etc.  Do you have inside info otherwise?

Even trading Mullins for Straily would be a bad move. Mullins has a ton of potential/upside and Straily, and his homer-prone arsonal, would not find OPACY very comforting. If they want to salary dump and we trade a low lever, mid-range prospect, then fine, otherwise, I am not giving away a top 10 prospect for another #4.

Just now, twinedenter said:

Even trading Mullins for Straily would be a bad move. Mullins has a ton of potential/upside and Straily, and his homer-prone arsonal, would not find OPACY very comforting. If they want to salary dump and we trade a low lever, mid-range prospect, then fine, otherwise, I am not giving away a top 10 prospect for another #4.

I think when you only have two starting pitchers on the roster anyone you bring in is a #3 by default. 

3 minutes ago, twinedenter said:

Well, do you want to win 75 games or 85?

I don't know that that's a valid question one of our 2 starting pitchers had a 4.68 last season. We have 2 starting pitchers. If you think we're going to fill 3 slots with excellent pitchers, I got news for you. 

Archived