Orioles Talked To Marlins at Meetings About Dan Straily

section18

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prado, Zeigler, Chen, and Tazawa are the potential salary dumps to pair with Straily.  Prado is the only one that I think we could get any production out of.  Zeigler and Tazawa are only one year.  They could just release them.  Would you be willing to pay 7-16M for the rights to take Straily through three years of arbitration?  I would.  Maybe something like Ynoa for Straily, Zeigler, and Tazawa?

40 minutes ago, interloper said:

I don't know that that's a valid question one of our 2 starting pitchers had a 4.68 last season. We have 2 starting pitchers. If you think we're going to fill 3 slots with excellent pitchers, I got news for you. 

I totally agree. A well managed organization would never go into an off-season needing 3 starters, its that simple. Especially considering the thin FA class, having no one to trade, and an owner that doesn't typically spend on pitching.

We will be lucky to get 2 #4's. I expect the "somehow anoited legit starter" Ynoa, and Asher, to be part of this 75 win rotation. The real question will be if the 18' rotation breaks the 17' record for the worst rotation in O's history.

1 minute ago, webbrick2010 said:

With or without Straily they don't get to 75 wins

85 is a total pipe dream

If you're the Orioles how  did you get yourself into the position of "oh no we need 3 starting pitchers and our GM and manager and Jones and Manny and Britton are free agents oh no". 

Incompetence. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

If you're the Orioles how  did you get yourself into the position of "oh no we need 3 starting pitchers and our GM and manager and Jones and Manny and Britton are free agents oh no". 

Incompetence. 

I totally agree with you. Not just at the ownership level, but Duquette on down. 

19 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

It doesn't matter. 75 or 85 wins won't get this team a wildcard. We need pitching. I believe Straily is probably better than you think. 

That may be and IF he is the #4, with a legit #3, I will be perfectly fine with it. Not for Mullins, but I would be fine with it.

Archived