Danny Duffy

weams

4 hours ago, Lucky_13 said:

Sign Lorenzo Cain then use one of the outfield prospects as a centerpiece in a Duffy deal? 

If you are going all in to win in 2018, then this would make some sense. That is not the direction that I would choose, but they don't ask my opinion. Just know that the OF prospect the Royals would want to center piece a deal for Duffy would be Austin Hays.

1 hour ago, theobird said:

If you are going all in to win in 2018, then this would make some sense. That is not the direction that I would choose, but they don't ask my opinion. Just know that the OF prospect the Royals would want to center piece a deal for Duffy would be Austin Hays.

Which is why I would be hesitant to make the trade. But adding duffy and an innings eater like Vargas would improve the rotation.

Although the outfield defense would be awesome.

I like Duffy-a lot. But I don’t get the thinking. The Orioles have somehow built the farm back to a modicum of respectability and now they’re going to trade away most likely too much of its value?

Why not just get someone of similar value on the open market and leave the system in tact?

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

I like Duffy-a lot. But I don’t get the thinking. The Orioles have somehow built the farm back to a modicum of respectability and now they’re going to trade away most likely too much of its value?

Why not just get someone of similar value on the open market and leave the system in tact?

Agreed.   Is Duffy markedly better than Cobb?   You may pay a little more over 4 years for Cobb, but the value you'll retain from a Hays, Mullins, Scott, Akin, Harvey, etc. should overcome that.  

Archived