Buck's comment today on Chris Tillman

accinfo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

I hope he gets it with another team. 

Why? Tillman isn't going to break the bank to sign. Last year could just have been an aberration. If you have a rotation of Bundy, Gausman, a healthy Tillman, a Vargas/Garcia type, and an in-house candidate - that's a playoff competing team if the offense hits like they can.

This team isn't as doom and gloom as everyone thinks. Everything went wrong last year. We should have much better luck this year.

1 minute ago, theocean said:

Buck really likes Wynns - and I do too. I could absolutely see him being on the Opening Day roster.

He's on the 40 so yea it can happen.

But it isn't Buck's decision.  That's Dan's job.  All of this Buck likes this and Buck likes that, well Buck has to convince Dan.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's on the 40 so yea it can happen.

But it isn't Buck's decision.  That's Dan's job.  All of this Buck likes this and Buck likes that, well Buck has to convince Dan.

I'm sure Buck has input on the roster, as any manager does. Craig Gentry was on the roster for so long last year for a reason.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think the extra year will be going away in the next CBA.

Anyway I would much rather sign them long term.

Good insight. I did not know that was going to be an issue. 

Wynns is a Joseph replacement, moreso than Sisco competition. If we didn’t think Sisco could catch 70+ games this year, we should’ve brought Welington back. 

Wynns is a good story and I’ll root for him, but Sisco could be an all star. Ideally they all have big years and we trade Joseph next offseason. 

5 hours ago, backwardsk said:

I'm all for Wynns starting the season with Baltimore and Sisco getting an extra year.

5 hours ago, theocean said:

Buck really likes Wynns - and I do too. I could absolutely see him being on the Opening Day roster.

If Wynns makes the team, that means Joseph is playing most of the time. Wynns is a fine defensive-minded back-up, but expecting anything near league average with the bat is wishful thinking IMO. 

If Sisco makes the team, he and Joseph will probably platoon. 

8 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

If Wynns makes the team, that means Joseph is playing most of the time. Wynns is a fine defensive-minded back-up, but expecting anything near league average with the bat is wishful thinking IMO. 

If Sisco makes the team, he and Joseph will probably platoon. 

Yes, Joseph the primary catcher into May, then call up Sisco.  Sisco gradually takes the lead catcher role during the summer.

Archived