My 25-man roster prediction (as of 3/7/18)

interloper

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

I’ll admit it, I was wrong. You wonder if things changed with Trumbo,s health.

I wonder if things change with a .414 OBP and a ~1.000 OPS I know small sample. Chance is fully grown. 

Watching Chance the last few seasons in person (minus last year, because Norfolk isn't exactly across the street from me), I don't get the hype.

Yes, he has a great bat. So does Mountcastle. So does Hays. Out of those 3, Hays is the only one I trust in the field at his position.

I wonder how this also plays into Alvarez making the team. How many lefties will they keep.

13 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Watching Chance the last few seasons in person (minus last year, because Norfolk isn't exactly across the street from me), I don't get the hype.

Yes, he has a great bat. So does Mountcastle. So does Hays. Out of those 3, Hays is the only one I trust in the field at his position.

I wonder how this also plays into Alvarez making the team. How many lefties will they keep.

What hype?  Top 100 hype?

He's a bat first left handed hitting catcher.  I don't think anyone is expecting great things from him.

58 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

To me, he's a solid bat at a prime position - catcher.  Solid bat at catcher more valuable than solid bat in RF.

12 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Was the league average last year 18%?

Joseph has a career CS % of 31% that I'm sure you saw when you pulled this stat.   Yea 18 is a pretty big difference, but for now we don't know if this is an outlier or if it's his new normal after a regression.  We'll know soon, but there is definitely reason to expect him to do better this year than last year.

Archived