A Team Full of Machados

Beef Supreme

12 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Sorry you were "collateral damage." The original thread was closed. Probably should have edited your name. Will do that in the future when not addressing someone directly.

Was the original thread a Cobb thread that got derailed with horrors of Baltimore tales?  One of several?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one has given the correct answer yet, of Orioles players it has to be Mychal Givens. Former shortstop, he would have stuck if he had the bat. Any pitcher team isn’t going to be able to hit Givens’s stuff and Givens is enough of a hitter to take advantage of position player pitching. The problem with Britton, Arrieta is the fielding.

Just now, weams said:

Was the original thread a Cobb thread that got derailed with horrors of Baltimore tales?  One of several?

Yes. And after I saw the new Cobb thread I couldn't believe my eyes when I learned that the previous on was derailed because of...

Ryan Flaherty!?!

xD

Just now, Luke-OH said:

No one has given the correct answer yet, of Orioles players it has to be Mychal Givens. Former shortstop, he would have stuck if he had the bat. Any pitcher team isn’t going to be able to hit Givens’s stuff and Givens is enough of a hitter to take advantage of position player pitching. The problem with Britton, Arrieta is the fielding.

Good pick. So what is the winning percentage?

10 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

They never could field. And Britton never could pitch five innings. 

18 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

How successful would a team full of Manny Machados be? Manny is one of the few players who would excel at every position on the diamond:
Starting Pitcher #1 - #5,
Fastball, sitting 91 mph, topping at 94 -- 75%
Slider, 85 mph, 15%
Change: 82 mph, 7%
Curve: 80 mph, 3%                                                              Manny has nice separation for a non-pitcher :P:x
Per pitcher stats (not supplying W-L records) 180 IPs, 190 Hs, 75 BBs, 20 HRs, 150Ks

Not to belabor the point, but the bullpen rates look much better. The closer hits 97 regularly. And his 2-seamer is WICKED:awesome:OK, I don't really know what that visual is meant to express, but closer Manny would light a lot of people on fire. And then there is a projectable triple slash of ,280/.340/.520 with 35 doubles and 35 homers at every position on the diamond and at DH. Also, superior reactions, instincts speed and throwing arm at every position. His fault, which would be exposed exponentially at catcher and in the outfield, is his sloppy footwork/throwing mechanics. Evaluation: Machado is close to the perfect baseball player.

Yeah, just had to mention my prescience, It is rare indeed. #16 UMBC ROCKS! I should have stopped by tonight and helped to Philadelphia the campus.

But what would a team full of Machados play against a team full of Jonathan Schoops? Would any other presumed positional player be able to throw fast enough as pitchers to shut down lineups of Bundys and Gausmans. Would a team of healthy Zach Brittons actually perform better than any other team of Orioles players, even a team of Machados?

Gurgi??? Is that you?

Archived