Cobb to Orioles (Confirmed by Roch Kubatko)

Greg

I talk about the Orioles approach to free agency very rarely because I don’t find it to be a very effective way to fill out your roster. If they DO decide, however, to sign someone... I’d prefer to see them identify a guy they really want and aggressively pursue them as opposed to being the vultures they are. 

Not holding my breath.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As per Roch:

Much of the appeal attached to Cobb centers on his experience and comfort within the division. He’s 6-4 with a 3.43 ERA and 1.254 WHIP in 14 starts against the Red Sox, 6-4 with a 2.99 ERA and 0.996 WHIP in 14 starts against the Yankees and 3-3 with a 3.23 ERA and 1.056 WHIP in eight starts versus the Blue Jays. He’s gone 6-2 with a 2.70 ERA and 1.200 WHIP in 12 starts against the Orioles.

I'm liking those numbers.

1 minute ago, orioles4lyfe said:

As per Roch:

Much of the appeal attached to Cobb centers on his experience and comfort within the division. He’s 6-4 with a 3.43 ERA and 1.254 WHIP in 14 starts against the Red Sox, 6-4 with a 2.99 ERA and 0.996 WHIP in 14 starts against the Yankees and 3-3 with a 3.23 ERA and 1.056 WHIP in eight starts versus the Blue Jays. He’s gone 6-2 with a 2.70 ERA and 1.200 WHIP in 12 starts against the Orioles.

I'm liking those numbers.

Yes - that is exactly the reason why Cobb appeals to us.

Archived