Cobb to Orioles (Confirmed by Roch Kubatko)

Greg

Just now, atomic said:

If Tillman struggles we could always make a trade for another starter.  I don't see him getting as long a rope as he did last year. 

Which is why I think Castro goes to AAA to be stretched out. They will try to keep Cortes and Wright I assume at the start. 

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per Team Rankings Baseball players stats website......Website link >>>>> https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/player-stat/home-runs-allowed-per-9...The O's now have 2 of the top 20 pitchers in giving up THE LEAST HR's per 9 innings pitched ......BY THE WAY >>>>only Strasburg and Fulmer gave up less HR's per 9 innings pitched then Cashner........YUP Cashner was the third best pitcher in MLB in 2017 for not giving up home runs ........GO O's !!!!!

2 hours ago, Greg said:

Sources: There’s a strong belief that free agent right-hander Alex Cobb is nearing a deal. The team most believe the favorite: The Baltimore Orioles. Cobb has continued to push for a multiyear deal rather than signing the one-year deal some of his contemporaries chose.

Welcome back. The Twitter game is still strong. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Which is why I think Castro goes to AAA to be stretched out. They will try to keep Cortes and Wright I assume at the start. 

It's time to cut the cord with Wright.  Last thing I want to see is Mike Wright blow a game in April to cost the Orioles a wildcard spot.  

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It's time to cut the cord with Wright.  Last thing I want to see is Mike Wright blow a game in April to cost the Orioles a wildcard spot.  

Would not bother me but I am not sure they are done with him. Have to see. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Wright can be a beast in short outings. Sitting mid 90’s. He starts out in the “B” squad reliever role. 

Archived