Os checking with Dickey

interloper

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, wildcard said:

Doesn't make a lot of sense with a rotation on Bundy, Cashner, Gausman, Cobb and Tillman.    I certainly don't want Sisco trying to catch a knuckleball.    O's are about at 160m.   I don't see they adding  higher priced players now.

Where are you getting 160 million I have them at 136 million with the deferrals.

52 minutes ago, section18 said:

Dickey, Lackey or Feldman would be okay.  Dickey first because he totally screws up the timing of the hitters when he pitches.  It takes the other team a game or two to get their timing back to normal after he pitches.

Dickey, then Cortes the next game. Then Guasman/Bundy with their fastball.

Braves are going to release Scott Kazmir, who should sail through waivers and soon be a free agent. He left his last game in Braves camp after the first inning with arm fatigue. Should the O's offer him a minor league deal that lets him opt out if he hasn't been brought up by the end of April?

52 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Braves are going to release Scott Kazmir, who should sail through waivers and soon be a free agent. He left his last game in Braves camp after the first inning with arm fatigue. Should the O's offer him a minor league deal that lets him opt out if he hasn't been brought up by the end of April?

I think he needs to be off a ML roster for awhile so he can go back and visit the "pitching guru" that helped him get his velocity back the first time his career was over.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think he needs to be off a ML roster for awhile so he can go back and visit the "pitching guru" that helped him get his velocity back the first time his career was over.

And he should take Tillman with him.

22 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Feldman as a backup mil contract sign would be good...but either way Wright is toast I think. 

Wright sounded hacked off to me in that article.  Kept saying how adding Cobb was good “for the Orioles.”   Not for us, but for the “Orioles.”   I think he is already thinking about what team might be next for him. 

I think you might not have seen the full quote. Here it is:

“It’s good for the Orioles,” said Mike Wright Jr., who’s vying for the fifth spot. “Obviously, we’re trying to compete in the AL East and we’ve got good teams like Boston and the Yankees and you can’t sleep on Tampa Bay and Toronto because we always play them tough. We’re playing in the AL East and we’ve got to make moves and I think that was a good move for the Orioles.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/03/this-that-and-the-other-153.html

He certainly uses the word "we" many times. I'm no fan of Wright, but I don't read anything into that quote.

On 3/24/2018 at 8:44 AM, Rene88 said:

This tells me the Os aren’t very confident in Tillman because in the past, they would have just put Wright/Cortes, etc. Good to see though, Dickey can really help a pitching staff by eating some innings too. Love this on so many levels.

Yup I agree

23 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Wright sounded hacked off to me in that article.  Kept saying how adding Cobb was good “for the Orioles.”   Not for us, but for the “Orioles.”   I think he is already thinking about what team might be next for him. 

Too bad, so sad.  He had his opportunity and then some

4 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Ichiro is playing at 44. Colon has not retired. Rickey played at 44. So did Rose. Whatever you or I may chose has no bearing on what Dickey wants to do.

Dickey is not Colon, Rickey, or Ichiro. Satchel Page may have played at age 60. Or later. 

21 hours ago, tntoriole said:

My brother has known Scott McGregor for years and they were chatting in Sarasota and he said Tilly “has his arm slot back and he has a fire in his belly and a chip on his shoulder.”  

Tilly pitches like he has a chip in his shoulder.

Archived