Chris Davis to leadoff?

gtman55

They showed a graphic during the pregame show the other night. It was Davis's career batting avg for each spot he has batted in the lineup. He bats .292 in the 8th spot. By far his highest avg. And that's with 477 at bats. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Natty said:

They showed a graphic during the pregame show the other night. It was Davis's career batting avg for each spot he has batted in the lineup. He bats .292 in the 8th spot. By far his highest avg. And that's with 477 at bats. 

I still don’t think that means much. I’d be fine hitting him 8th until he heats up, though.

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I still don’t think that means much. I’d be fine hitting him 8th until he heats up, though.

What would you consider heating up? Batting .215 or .221. We've been waiting a couple years for Davis to heat up. Lol. 

2 minutes ago, Natty said:

What would you consider heating up? Batting .215 or .221. We've been waiting a couple years for Davis to heat up. Lol. 

Yeah he's never going to consistently hit. He'll give you one or two hot streaks a year and that's about it. 

3 minutes ago, Natty said:

Well, if .221 came with a .792 OPS as it did in 2016, I could probably justify hitting him higher than 8th.   If his season looks like last year’s .215 with a .732 OPS, then maybe not.  

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Davis is not in the lineup today, much less batting leadoff.   Too bad, I almost wanted to see Davis atop the order just to watch the torches and pitchforks coming out!

:awesome:

Why would you want me to be under such stress. Every time I see Davis a top the line up my stomach starts to clench and my hair starts to fall out. 

On 4/3/2018 at 12:27 AM, ChuckS said:

At the time of signing, I was thinking he would be a negative WAR player and finished by year four going down as the worst contract in baseball history.  

This is a worse case scenario.  While most of us new a tail spin was possible only the most pessimistic among us could expect him to be finished as a productive player in year two of the contract.  

I think he's reduced to a PT role in the second half of 2018 and DFA'd by the end of 2019.  Hope I'm wrong.....and that it's dictated by performance rather than the millions left on his deal.  

It's not as if Davis was putting up these consistent high WAR seasons during his prime and leading up to the signing. Even during his prime years, Davis had two sub 2 WAR seasons.  His two seasons before the signing were a 5something WAR, and then a fall to a 3something WAR.  Which is a pretty decent fall. 

Everything about his career screamed, "QO him and then run away as far as you can from him, because it's going to get ugly, quickly."

OK... so Buck doesn't have Davis batting leadoff tonight. The bad news is he's in the middle of the lineup batting fifth. He should be batting 8th or 9th but Buck is stubborn and in his mind Davis is an awesome hitter. He's batting a solid .048.  Lol

On 4/4/2018 at 11:15 AM, nadecir said:

Maybe Chris Davis can visit the same fountain of youth that Bartolo Colon has seemingly found in order to be pitching in the majors at 44.

We know which one Bartolo visited. He tested. 

38 minutes ago, weams said:

We know which one Bartolo visited. He tested. 

He's the most beloved steroid user I can think of. I really don't get it, maybe because he's so out of shape and didn't create a fake website or didn't blame a health services director for a failed test.

2 minutes ago, O's are Legends said:

He's the most beloved steroid user I can think of. I really don't get it, maybe because he's so out of shape and didn't create a fake website or didn't blame a health services director for a failed test.

Isn't Roberts the #1 steroid user in the Baltimore area?

Archived