The Offense Thread, 2018

OFFNY

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

o

(July 12th)

Last night, the Orioles were shut out for the 9th time in 93 games so far this season.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/2018-schedule-scores.shtml

The 2017 Orioles were shut out 11 times all season, with 5 out of those 11 shutouts coming in the final 22 games.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/2018-schedule-scores.shtml

(STARTLING STATISTIC)

Between Opening Day of 2017 and the 140th game of that season, the Orioles were shut out at an average of 1 time every 23.33 games (6 times in 140 games.)

Since the 140th game of last season through the present, the Orioles have been shut out at an average of 1 time every 8.21 games (14 times in 115 games.)

o

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2018 at 9:17 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(July 28th)

The Orioles had back-to-back games of scoring double-digit runs against the southwestern Floridians of the AL East.

o

o

Make that 3 consecutive games of scoring double-digit runs against the southwestern Floridians of the AL East.

FRIDAY: llllllllllllll 15 llRuns

SATURDAY: llllllll 11 llRuns

SUNDAY: llllllllllllll 11 llRuns

o

• 2 weeks later...

o

(AUGUST 5th)

Somebody FINALLY woke up the Sleeping Giants.

o

13 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Since the All Star break, the Orioles lead the AL in Batting Average and Slugging Percentage, and are second in Runs and Home Runs.

o

o

A NEW MAJOR LEAGUE RECORD ))))))(1876 - Present)

o

6 hours ago, SteveA said:

The Orioles have scored double digits runs and 15+ hits in 4 consecutive home games, tying the All-Time Major League record.

The only other team to ever do it is the Colorado Rockies, twice, so we are the first team ever to do it at less than a mile altitude.

Interestingly, despite the absence of Manny and Schoop, the offense has ticked up.

March/April: .673 OPS, 3.50 runs/game

May: .683, 3.96

June: .639, 3.38

July: .765, 4.52

August (so far): .799, 4.85

Of course, now the pitching is cratering, 6.47 ERA this month.

Since the all-star break, the O's are 1st in the AL in batting average (.285) by 9 points, 1st in slugging (.487), 4th in OBP (.344), 4th in runs, and 2nd in homers with 40 - 1 behind Texas, but TX has played 2 more games since the break.  Baseball can be confusing some times when the gods try to even things out.  .    

• 2 weeks later...

o

vs. BLUE JAYS (8/27, 8/28, and 8/29)

The Orioles scored 29 runs in 3 games against the Blue Jays, en route to their first 3-game sweep of the 2018 season.

MONDAY: lllllllllllllllllllllllll l7 lllRuns

TUESDAY: lllllllllllllllllllll 12 llRuns

WEDNESDAY: llllllllllllllll 10 llRuns

o

• 2 weeks later...

Archived