Twins bash Gausman, win 7-0

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, esmd said:

Hell I thought Davis should've followed up Sisco's bunt by doing the same thing.  That would've really ticked the Twins off I guess, lol.....

I would have stood up and applauded! That would’ve been hilarious to see.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Gibson is mediocre, but sometimes mediocre pitchers have good games.

The O' s approach b Gibson was terrible They should have justwaitedhimout. He would have gladly obliged by walking everyone.

1 minute ago, elgordo said:

The O' s approach b Gibson was terrible They should have justwaitedhimout. He would have gladly obliged by walking everyone.

I didn’t see much of the game while Gibson was pitching.    However, they did walk 5 times against him and forced him to throw 102 pitches in 6 innings, even though they only generated those 5 baserunners.    So, I’m not sure their approach was really the problem.   It seems they tried to be patient with him.     

Don't worry, Gausman will turn it around the second half when the Orioles are 15 games out (his struggles being a major factor) and finish strong...and give us all hope he will be a different pitcher the following year. 

I'm ready for Kevin Gausman to not be an Oriole anymore. He may go onto greater things with another team...but it's not happening here.

2 hours ago, interloper said:

I just don't understand what the problem with Gausman is. It wasn't just the first inning, he was sitting 92 the entire game. After looking fine all spring. He's quite possibly the most frustrating pitcher I've ever watched in an Orioles uniform. With guys like Daniel Cabrera, he was just never good. Gausman you know he can be good. I don't understand what the underlying reason is behind this Jeckyll and Hyde routine is. Mechanically he looked fine. 

I'm hoping it's a late dead arm period, but those velocity numbers are scary if they don't bounce back. He doesn't have the command or secondaries to pitch at that velocity.

The idea that Camden Yards is only a hitter park when it's warm is apparently a fallacy. 7 home runs from the Twins in 2 games? Sounds more like there's a problem with the Orioles lineup hitting in cold weather than a problem with the stadium. 

2 hours ago, gmelson26 said:

Why would the bunt be an issue if we're up by 6?  If they move a fielder to give me less of a chance at a hit, it's utterly within my rights to bunt.  The shift seems very forthright in the sense that the opposing team is saying, we'll give you a dribbler to 3rd anytime so long as you don't pull the ball. 

I've been expecting Davis for about 3 years now to practice bunting down that line.  At the very least, if he managed a few early bunt singles, ala Sisco, maybe they'd stop the shift, allowing him a better chance at pulling a few more for hits.

Sure, I am just saying it's even less of an issue if it's them up by 6. When you are down by 6, you need baserunners. When you are up by 6, a tack on run by HR could make the difference. 

20 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm hoping it's a late dad arm period, but those velocity numbers are scary if they don't bounce back. He doesn't have the command or secondaries to pitch at that velocity.

Watching him on the mound yesterday,he seemed to be spiking many off speed pitchers in the dirt. Slipped a few times with his landing. Kept looking at his landing spot after that. Seemed to be not comfortable at all. He also  flew open a few times.Just never seemed to get into a groove. Berrios was hitting spots and really good control all game till he tired in the eighth. Seemed to be able to throw any pitch exactly where he wanted.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I didn’t see much of the game while Gibson was pitching.    However, they did walk 5 times against him and forced him to throw 102 pitches in 6 innings, even though they only generated those 5 baserunners.    So, I’m not sure their approach was really the problem.   It seems they tried to be patient with him.     

He threw as many balls as strikes  When he did come into the zone it was a change up His breaking stuff andFB were mostly OZ. Instead of waiting on the change they chased the FB and the breaking stuff. They could have walked 10 times.

Archived