Is anyone actually going to watch the next two games?

interloper

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at the bright side, no one expects the Orioles to win either game so there is no pressure. Even the best teams lose 62 a year so hey, that's why they play the games.

BTW, the Orioles were 1-9 against the Astros last year. Just thought I'd throw that tidbit in there. ;)

Mike Wright no-hitter incoming.

Every time it seemed the Orioles were about to make a "we've had enough" roster decision on Ubaldo, he threw a gem.

With Cobb coming back, it seems destined that Mike Wright is going to earn himself another start before they cut him loose.

Tillman's one start against Houston last year was absolutely.........passable.   So there's that.   3 ER over 5 1/3.

Can't imagine not wanting to watch O's baseball already after having it taken away for the last 6 months.   Now if we're being shut out again I'll certainly change the channel.

On July 21, 2016 Tillman had just run off his 4th straight 7 IP, 1 ER start and was 14-2 with a 3.18; Zach Britton was unhittable with 30 saves and a 0.68; Trumbo had 28 HRs and a nearly .900 OPS; and Kim was looking like an on-base machine.

Things sure can change relatively quickly.

25 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

I know we played like crap this past weekend, but it’s way too early to not watch regardless of who we’re playing.

I'm not sure you understand who exactly is playing.. lol. We're talking about Chris Tillman and Mike Wright versus the World Champions at home facing the guy who won both game 7's last year, Justin Verlander, and then just in case you wanted to lock in Bundy for a win, he's got to face the Cy Young winner Keuchel. 

I value my health far too much to willingly subject my heart/blood pressure to this. 

I haven’t laid eyes on Tillman this year, so I’m very interested in seeing how he looks, regardless of the outcome of the game.    Does he look like he’s got his release point back?      How’s his velocity, and is he around the plate?     If he looks considerably better than last year, I could be happy even if his stat line isn’t impressive against Houston’s very potent offense.    

1 minute ago, interloper said:

I'm not sure you understand who exactly is playing.. lol. We're talking about Chris Tillman and Mike Wright versus the World Champions at home facing the guy who won both game 7's last year, Justin Verlander, and then just in case you wanted to lock in Bundy for a win, he's got to face the Cy Young winner Keuchel. 

I value my health far too much to willingly subject my heart/blood pressure to this. 

Chris Tillman isn't facing Verlander or Keuchel.  So there's that.   If you want to see how we do against a non-Cy Young winner you have to watch tonight!  ;)

Just now, Aglets said:

Chris Tillman isn't facing Verlander or Keuchel.  So there's that.   If you want to see how we do against a non-Cy Young winner you have to watch tonight!  ;)

It's still Morton, who had a far better year than any of our SP last year, and performed amazingly well in the playoffs. 

Just now, VaBird1 said:

This far from the worst team I’ve seen.  Why would I stop watching now?  1988 would have more sense.

For the record, not saying I'm done watching for the season. I was pretty clear that I'm talking about the prospect of Tillman and Wright back to back versus this specific opponent. 

Archived