Amidst this sea of negativity

Frobby

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

There were some positives last night.    Mike Wright pitched a respectable game and a number of cold bats warmed up.     The bullpen let us down but I was still glad to see some runs on the board and a game that was competitive until the late innings.    I know it’s all doom and gloom when your team is 1-4, but hopefully the team draws on the positives and starts turning things around.   

I'm with you. I think we reverse last year. We start 10-22 this year then we go on a tear!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Frobby said:

There were some positives last night.    Mike Wright pitched a respectable game and a number of cold bats warmed up.     The bullpen let us down but I was still glad to see some runs on the board and a game that was competitive until the late innings.    I know it’s all doom and gloom when your team is 1-4, but hopefully the team draws on the positives and starts turning things around.   

Bundy's really going to have to stop the bleeding today.  Following Houston, four games @ NY am I correct?  What a brutal opening to the schedule.

4 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I know I'm strange, but I basically don't pay attention to any details until May.  Sure, wild extremes can be troubling or encouraging.  But unless someone is injured you gain essentially no actionable information out of even 2-3 weeks of games.  Almost all April baseball is some combination of unwarranted exuberance and/or confirmation bias.

I'm with you. The early season extremism makes this place absolutely brutal in April, but I am apparently a masochist.

I see myself as one of the more negative posters here, and even I get uncomfortable with the climate when there is a start like this.

I see a mixed bag. Sure it's way early; but here's my 2 cents:

Rotation:

Bundy looks primed to step up. Gausman? His career W-L record of 34-44 says it all. Cashner will rebound. Tillman is toast. Wright? a pleasant surprise, earning a longer look for sure. Hurry up, Alex Cobb!

Bullpen:

Who can ever rely on relievers not named Mariano Rivera, year after year. Truth is, all our guys are potentially shaky on any given night; I'm still rooting for the Rule 5s to contribute. 

Lineup: 

Great to see some energy in those bats for a change. This can be a dangerous lineup once they get rolling. Davis does need some serious AAA time, for sure. Trumbo? We'll see.

4 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

The Orioles actually did hire a "witch-doctor" in August of 1975 to put a curse on the Red Sox, whom they were chasing for the AL East title, right down to sticking pins in the voodoo dolls.

I think it was a local radio station that did that, not the team.

6 hours ago, Prayin4Reign said:

That's actually what I'm excited about.  I wouldn't mind at all if the Orioles were horrendous this year (yes a fan since 1969 can say that), trade off Manny, Adam, and whoever else), get a great draft pick and then start to build with new players coming up Hays, Mullins, etc. 

The problem is our coaches can’t develop even the best draft picks into legitimate elite players. So while we might get someone with HOF talent, we will waste their talent while they’re on our team, then the instant they get traded they’ll become much better.

7 hours ago, Natty said:

Stop with the negative waves. Look at the bright side. Last year we finished last. Now we are only tied for last. I hope this cheers everyone up a little. 

Fake news. All is great in Birdland. Jim Hunter is being inducted in the Broadcaster’s HOF. 

Archived