This team is cooked

LookitsPuck

2 minutes ago, osfan83 said:

You can't fire all the players.....I'll go on the record.....unless we see a dramatic turn around, Buck will be fired before June 1st. It will be the start of the 2019 rebuild. 

Dont agree. Buck will decide if he wants to return next year.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, osfan83 said:

You can't fire all the players.....I'll go on the record.....unless we see a dramatic turn around, Buck will be fired before June 1st. It will be the start of the 2019 rebuild. 

Meaning... if we are going to tank, we need to tank hard. 

No late April through May quasi-turnaround against the weaker schedule upcoming, to make the front office hem and haw about changing direction.  It's been past time to make these future building changes.

1 minute ago, Morgan423 said:

Meaning... if we are going to tank, we need to tank hard. 

No late April through May quasi-turnaround against the weaker schedule upcoming, to make the front office hem and haw about changing direction.  It's been past time to make these future building changes.

Looks like we will be at least 10-15 under .500 by mid May....I think that's enough to start making big changes....and Buck will be one of them. 

5 minutes ago, osfan83 said:

Looks like we will be at least 10-15 under .500 by mid May....I think that's enough to start making big changes....and Buck will be one of them. 

They are 8 under right now....and have lost 5 in a row and 7 of 8....with no end in sight.

Sign me up for 10 under 1 month from now. 

They might still have a (puncher's) chance at 10 under in mid-May

Just now, Three Run Homer said:

Is is possible that Buck has lost the clubhouse as a result of his continued loyalty to substandard players like Tillman, Davis and Joseph?  

I said he lost it last year, and the vibe of the team was off. Some didn't agree with me but I still believe there is more going on than just a bad team.

1 hour ago, LookitsPuck said:

I'll go on the record.

A team that is fielding guys like Engelb Vielma, pinch hits a blackhole of an offensive player like Caleb Joseph for Luis Sardinas and then has multiple Rule V guys (or recent Rule V guys) clogging up the roster is not a recipe for success.

One of the best offensive players (who also was struggling) is on the DL in Schoop. 

Aside from Machado and Mancini...and recently Pedro Alvarez...most of the team is batting under .250 or has an OPS well under .700.

There is no team speed.

The Manny Machado to SS and insert-random-person-here at 3B has been an utter failure.

Chris Davis looks like a little leaguer and is showing no signs of turning it around.

The bullpen has *1* effective/reliable arm in Richard Bleier. Everybody else has taken major steps back (Givens, Brach) or have been erratic and already has blown games (Darren O'Day). Britton is at least a month away and even *he* was erratic last year when he came back.

The defense is poor especially at catcher.

The only bright spot...and this is truly shocking...is the rotation. Which even though it's not great, it's at least serviceable.

This team is outmatched in nearly every single facet compared to the likes of the Red Sox and Yankees. They look worse than the Rays.

This team won't sniff a Wild Card. They'll be lucky to even hit a .500 record. They're beginning to look more like a 69 win team. 

Can somebody counter the above? 

A broken clock is right twice a day.  I hope you are satisfied to get what you have always wanted.

Finally fixed the rotation but now we can't hit or else games. Hard to believe but Davis has taken a step backwards. Givens, Brach, and ODay have all been bad. I think Bundy and Manny are the only guys who aren't underperforminh. This team was flawed to begin with and now has a massive hole to climb out of just to get to .500. This game takes the cake, they seem to find a new way to lose.

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Finally fixed the rotation but now we can't hit or else games. Hard to believe but Davis has taken a step backwards. Givens, Brach, and ODay have all been bad. I think Bundy and Manny are the only guys who aren't underperforminh. This team was flawed to begin with and now has a massive hole to climb out of just to get to .500. This game takes the cake, they seem to find a new way to lose.

Rotation looked good last April.

Archived