Time to start DFA people

atomic

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, wildcard said:

For every player you DFA you have to replace them with someone.   So tell us who you are going to replace any of these guys with from the minors.

I mean... the bar is pretty low.

I don’t HONESTLY think it’s time to DFA anyone (save perhaps Tillman.) But they need to start thinking about who they want to make available come June/July. This team is not going to contend.

How do you have a DFA thread that doesn’t involve Tillman?  

Moves I think we should make,

DFA Tillman. Piggyback Bleier and Castro, let them both get stretched out, see who emerges. 

Have Joseph only catch 40% or the time. 

Other than that there isn’t too much to do. Everyone is underperforming outside 3/5 of the rotation, Manny, Mancini, and Sisco. It’s real hard to watch. 

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Moose Milligan and McNulty.

Maybe Agent Orange.

How's your wife and my kid?

8 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Why would they need to be significantly better?

IMO, the opening posts in these threads assume that if we start DFA'ing people we'll just automatically be better for some reason.  

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

IMO, the opening posts in these threads assume that if we start DFA'ing people we'll just automatically be better for some reason.  

I think it's more people are sick of watching non major leaguers putz around out there. But, yeah, it's not like we're going to shake a tree and find quality major leaguers.

2 minutes ago, Finisher said:

I think it's more people are sick of watching non major leaguers putz around out there. But, yeah, it's not like we're going to shake a tree and find quality major leaguers.

We didn’t acquire the depth options that we usually do. Maybe there are some AAA guys out there that have opt outs that we could promise playing time to at RF and 3B. 

Anybody know any names that have opt outs?

Archived