Time to start DFA people

atomic

We have a rebuild to undertake. Clearly,  we missed our opportunity to shorten the rebuild length and the pain that goes along with it. Very poorly run organization to be sure. I look forward to DD departure, and I hope the new guy has control under John and Lou to make his moves whoever the new guy is.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

How's your wife and my kid?

IMO, the opening posts in these threads assume that if we start DFA'ing people we'll just automatically be better for some reason.  

I don't think finding someone better than Satander is going to be very difficult.  We can bring up a catcher  from Norfolk.   Either guy is bound to better than Joseph. 

12 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

I really don’t understand the Santander love.

He mashes during the spring, then doesn't look good in the regular season. He destroyed pitching in Bowie last season on his rehab, then was lost.

Once he hits his time and goes to the minors to work on stuff, he could end up being a REALLY good player for the Orioles.

11 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Twice he could have got the runner at second if he threw it quicker.Beckham was waiting for one throw that never made it there.He was holding his glove to receive the throw.Never came and then walked back to third kicking the dirt and shaking his head.He then starting explaining it to the ump and was still shaking his head.

5 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

He mashes during the spring, then doesn't look good in the regular season. He destroyed pitching in Bowie last season on his rehab, then was lost.

Once he hits his time and goes to the minors to work on stuff, he could end up being a REALLY good player for the Orioles.

Almost like he would be a really good minor league player.

28 minutes ago, atomic said:

I don't think finding someone better than Satander is going to be very difficult.  We can bring up a catcher  from Norfolk.   Either guy is bound to better than Joseph. 

Yeah, but how much better?  The difference between winning 67 games and 70 games this year? 

27 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Rule 5, get with the program.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I don't know, maybe he turns into something.

But just because someone can be dominant in the minors does not mean their game translates to the majors.

I was excited for him early in the year.  Not so much now.  But he’s young and cheap at least.  

Archived