So many bad teams - Orioles need to move quickly

vab

I hope the front office is aware that there will be many sellers at the trade deadline which will make for a buyer's market. They can't wait and wait for the best offers. They need to actively shop the pending free agents and get them moved well before the deadline to get the best deals.

2 minutes ago, vab said:

I hope the front office is aware that there will be many sellers at the trade deadline which will make for a buyer's market. They can't wait and wait for the best offers. They need to actively shop the pending free agents and get them moved well before the deadline to get the best deals.

Most of the bad teams have already traded off the veteran talent. 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

The O's are eight back of the second wildcard.

I expect we will see better baseball at some point and we see them even closer to that second wild card. If they're eight back at the deadline do you think they sell? That might be close enough to warrant going for it to some in the FO.

2 minutes ago, oriole said:

I expect we will see better baseball at some point and we see them even closer to that second wild card. If they're eight back at the deadline do you think they sell? That might be close enough to warrant going for it to some in the FO.

I don't expect them to be eight back at the deadline.

I'm sure ownership will look for any reason to not sell.

11 minutes ago, oriole said:

The more teams that are doing badly the closer the O's are to a wild card. All of us waiting to see who we can get for Machado might be severely disappointed later this year.

This a joke? We're going to be 50 games back of the 2nd wild card at the end of the year.

9 minutes ago, amdcpus said:

This a joke? We're going to be 50 games back of the 2nd wild card at the end of the year.

This team is playing well below its ability. I think they'll get hot for stretches and win some games. Maybe even have a month or two this year where they win more than they lose. That doesn't mean I think they'll be anywhere near contention. I'm just saying that if there are a lot of teams doing poorly then that mathematically puts the O's closer to a wild card and that is scary considering most of us want to see them sell this year to give us something to be excited about next year with some new faces on the farm.

24 minutes ago, oriole said:

The more teams that are doing badly the closer the O's are to a wild card. All of us waiting to see who we can get for Machado might be severely disappointed later this year.

There is no wild card for the O's this season. 

5 minutes ago, oriole said:

This team is playing well below its ability. I think they'll get hot for stretches and win some games. Maybe even have a month or two this year where they win more than they lose. That doesn't mean I think they'll be anywhere near contention. I'm just saying that if there are a lot of teams doing poorly then that mathematically puts the O's closer to a wild card and that is scary considering most of us want to see them sell this year to give us something to be excited about next year with some new faces on the farm.

If they are close to a wildcard why would you want them to sell?  I don't think they will be close to a wildcard but to get in that position they would have to be playing pretty good baseball from now to the deadline.  

Archived