Will this team draw a million fans?

Dark Helmet

36 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Zero.    Season tickets make up the vast majority of sales.    They’ll draw 1.5 mm even if they go 8-154.

I understand that. But so far, there have been nights when the attendance was announced at say 14,000 and there wasn't close to that. To me, that shows how bad season ticket sales were to begin with. They aren't selling many more game plans at this point. They aren't coming close to 1.5m imo. I say 1.2 is about as high as it will go.

Just now, Dark Helmet said:

I understand that. But so far, there have been nights when the attendance was announced at say 14,000 and there wasn't close to that. To me, that shows how bad season ticket sales were to begin with. They aren't selling many more game plans at this point. They aren't coming close to 1.5m imo. I say 1.2 is about as high as it will go.

I think you’re wrong.    Most people with partial plans stuff as many games as possible into the weekends.   But, I can’t say I really know.    I guess we’ll find out.   

24 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Well, plenty of games with NY and Boston. Their fans will fill up the stadium to watch them beat up the O's. So theres that.

Plus we have games with the Nationals.  

We are at 273k right now in 15 games.  20 more vs the Sox Yanks and Nats that gets another 600k atleast.  That gets you to 873k.  46 games left that would mean they could only draw 3k a game on average to be under 1 million.

3 hours ago, Jagwar said:

Unfortunately... I'm worried that this may be the year when Yankees fans and Red Sox fans re-take the Yard

It’s going to happen.  Red Sawx nation was unbearable when they invaded downtown after they won the series in 2004.

Maybe it will be a boost for local tourism.

2 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

We are at 273k right now in 15 games.  20 more vs the Sox Yanks and Nats that gets another 600k atleast.  That gets you to 873k.  46 games left that would mean they could only draw 3k a game on average to be under 1 million.

The floor is about 7K from season tickets.

Plus don't forget people will show up for giveaways.   We'll have 30K+ for Hawaiian Shirt Night, Flop Hat Night, some of the bobbleheads, Buck Snowalter Sno Globe, etc.

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

The floor is about 7K from season tickets.

Plus don't forget people will show up for giveaways.   We'll have 30K+ for Hawaiian Shirt Night, Flop Hat Night, some of the bobbleheads, Buck Snowalter Sno Globe, etc.

I would show up for "Chris Davis Taking a Called Third Strike Down the Middle of the Plate Sno Globe Night".  

On 5/5/2018 at 2:08 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Chris Davis Anchor paper weight is next year.

Chris Davis splinter bat. 

They will draw well over a million. Just from giveaways,Yankees and Red Sox and promotions and group sales. They have WJZ Weather Day in a few weeks and that gets all the kids and should be around or over 30,000. 

Archived