FEEL the power of the Dark Side...

Frobby

I live 19 miles from Nats Park, 42 miles from OPACY....most of my friends, neighbors and office mates want to talk Nats, not Orioles... Nats are a well run organization, O’s are totally dysfunctional... Nats are on a 6-game winning streak, O’s have lost 4 in a row and may never win again....Nats will probably contend for several more years at least, O’s are heading for the abyss....

Maybe it’s time I, er....shifted priorities.    I don’t know if I can spend 5 months watching a hapless team playing out the string....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I live 19 miles from Nats Park, 42 miles from OPACY....most of my friends, neighbors and office mates want to talk Nats, not Orioles... Nats are a well run organization, O’s are totally dysfunctional... Nats are on a 6-game winning streak, O’s have lost 4 in a row and may never win again....Nats will probably contend for several more years at least, O’s are heading for the abyss....

Maybe it’s time I, er....shifted priorities.    I don’t know if I can spend 5 months watching a hapless team playing out the string....

Just deal with it. If you stuck by them during 98-2011 you can deal with this. 

I do think that by August we will see a much different team. Next couple of months do worry me. I hope players like Hays and Stewart show they are ready to be up here sooner than later but once again the last thing they should do is rush the. I wish they were up here but I know it’s not what is best for them.  

11 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I won't watch baseball at all before I will become a Nats fan. Bob Carpenter alone guarantees that.

So you're saying to Bob, in effect, " SEE!  YOU!  LATER!"?  I agree totally on him but loved that Bryce homer to CF last night on the CH!

Also from more of the DC area than the Baltimore area. I like and root for the Nats, but they just don't have the same intrigue for me, even when they're good. I'll probably just spend more time doing non-baseball-watching things this summer rather than switch to a more daily Nats habit. 

27 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I do think that by August we will see a much different team. Next couple of months do worry me. I hope players like Hays and Stewart show they are ready to be up here sooner than later but once again the last thing they should do is rush the. I wish they were up here but I know it’s not what is best for them.  

After that 18-2 pasting last night, I hope that Hays is invigorated!

DcZwDgOX4AACxvq.jpg

I live in NoVa. I grew up here. Very few people I know talk O's baseball. But, both my parents are from the Baltimore area, so I grew up rooting for their teams (Ravens, Orioles) and when I was growing up there were no Nationals, they were the Expos. To me they're still the Expos.

52 minutes ago, bobmc said:

So you're saying to Bob, in effect, " SEE!  YOU!  LATER!"?  I agree totally on him but loved that Bryce homer to CF last night on the CH!

Harper is a player that I respect as a great ballplayer.  He will haunt us for many years as a Yankee. Despite what people say, I don't think the Yankees will be in at all on Machado. I think Bryce Harper is their guy.

Archived