Connolly: Brady for President

wildcard

On 3/29/2018 at 10:50 PM, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

On 4/5/2018 at 9:48 PM, NashLumber said:

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

Matthew Harrison Brady (William Jennings Bryant) for President.

Image result for Matthew Harrison Brady for President

o

I see the Sage of Baltimore, H.L. Mencken, wearing his straw hat and scribbling notes of Brady's nonsense..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say, I am going to sit back and wait and see about Brady.  My gut tells me that it's probably a bad idea to let him run things, but I'll be curious to see how he performs once DD and Buck are gone and there's no doubt about who's calling the shots. 

Not defending him, not saying he's terrible.  Just want to wait and see.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I will say, I am going to sit back and wait and see about Brady.  My gut tells me that it's probably a bad idea to let him run things, but I'll be curious to see how he performs once DD and Buck are gone and there's no doubt about who's calling the shots. 

I think it will end badly, but I'll give Brady a chance if the Angelos family gives him full reign over the team.  

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I feel ill reading this.  The only way I like this is if Brady hires a wiz kid to be the GM and he can operate without interference from ownership

Now, when has this ever been the case?

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

Yesterday Dan Connolly said heads may roll.  Today he says Brady is on his way to being President of the O's.

I disagreed yesterday and I don't think he is right today.  I think Brady either stays a VP of Baseball Operations (the position he holds today) or becomes Special Assistant to the Owner.  His role may expand but I don't think he will be GM or President in the shake up that is coming.

http://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2018/05/08/answering-10-orioles-questions-weekly-radio-musings/

Seems about right. Brady would be about as qualified as the current President of our country. I'm not sure my fandom can survive a Brady Anderson era...

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I hear this, but I feel like we've already seen what he can do, to an extent. 

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It won't be unfortunately.  But Brady is tight with the Angelos family and hoping he gets a longer leash.  

If he gets a longer leash to do the bidding of ownership then I won’t expect much of an improvement.

58 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I hear this, but I feel like we've already seen what he can do, to an extent. 

We'll see.  But for everyone that's going to slam him about Tillman, they need to give him props for Cobb.  After all, Cobb was going to save our season or something.

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Seems about right. Brady would be about as qualified as the current President of our country. I'm not sure my fandom can survive a Brady Anderson era...

I am selling MOGA hats in front of Camden Yards when Brady is announced. Will be the biggest crowd ever.

Archived