Orioles: Most inept organization in all of profesional sports?

foxfield

8 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

No way Buck does that to one of his guys. Renee has it, phantom injury, extended rehab.

If Reimold can actually last a whole year on the roster as a DEFENSIVE replacement (only to come into a playoff game and make an error) then Buck can figure a way to keep Tillman.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was obvious in camp he was done.  We've let him destroy three games now, to say nothing of the bullpen having to clean up.  Aren't we going for it?

(Yes, I said I was okay with the signing ...IF... they had seen him throw and believed he was better, a reasonable assumption, but he's clearly broken.)

Internally we have Hess and Ramirez.  Ugh.  It's not Wright.  Castro hasn't been good.  I hope they don't go with Harvey but it's possible.

I'd definitely call Feldman, Dickey, and Lackey.  Trade for Vargas?  Trade for Hellickson?  

I'd rather forfeit every 5th day (which is what we're doing now) than call Ubaldo.

40 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

There is a perfectly good Tillman thread :) 

I think releasing him would be dumb. Find him a phantom injury. That's how we role....

I would have still given him the same contract. A $3 Million option is nothing for a SP.  You might be right (seems like it), but still worthwhile to keep him in the org to see if he figures it out IMO. 

Unless there really is an injury, not releasing him would be dumb.  Let him go, eat the $, and let a spot on the 40 man open up for whatever opportunity may present itself inside or outside the organization.

33 minutes ago, murph said:

Scott Feldman is still out there?

He was pretty good until he got hurt last year.   

Exactly.

Pick up the phone.

Call Feldman.

Call Dickey.

Call Cahill.

Call Lackey.

Offer them $1-2 million to pitch be our #5 starter.  First person who accepts, bring them in and if they pass a physical, sign them.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I have no idea why any team would want more than 1 philosophy across the board, especially a young team. Possibly a player's demands or contract calls for his own hitting coach.. but I stand by my wish.
    • At cost considerations there is 2 players i'd rather have listed in that article over Crochet, Helsley leading that. Also Mountcastle to the Reds for a SP makes a lot of sense also. 
    • Guilty. I'm working to be intentional to enjoy the day to day of a lot of exciting careers beginning, and not miss the moment as during say Peyton Manning's career in a different chapter of life when assured 14-2 or 13-3 seasons were four months of boredom while you waited to see what the playoff stumble would be this time.    SIGBOT's stuff works in the regular season same as Billy Beane's didn't in the playoffs. I don't follow Over/Unders, but would guess the 2025 Orioles are 1st or 2nd in the AL on early action.    My informal AL power rankings end of 2024: 1. A nonexistent Orioles team with a functional Adley Rutschman 2. Yankees with Soto 3. Tie between actual Orioles with broken Adley and end stage Astros that lost several series to hot Central teams 4. Yankees without Soto 5. Central I'm cheating Cleveland there for a joke, and hope they win, which they are plenty capable of doing.    It is an interesting matchup for the stuff the two teams are good at being very different.
    • I don't see the O's trading Mullins without getting a replacement for him from somewhere.  It's doubtful we have anyone in the minors yet ready to step in for him.  Maybe the same for Urias since he's the perfect backup infielder.  I think Mateo and Mountcastle are more likely to be traded.
    • I was clearly talking about the AL...
    • You mean like how the Os dealt guys like Hays, Stowers and Norby?  Yea, guys who are good depth but guys we can stand to trade are guys I want to trade….and obviously Elias feels similarly. These guys carry value. The level of value depends on the player and you can debate the value of return but yes, you absolutely should trade out of depth and trade guys that perhaps that don’t match your team philosophies.  That’s what teams do.
    • Who knows.  Lots of possibilities. There could be another trade like the Hays trade.  Or maybe you can get a ML ready arm that profiles as a high end reliever. I don’t think that you will get a proven lock down guy but that doesn’t mean you can’t get someone that will end up a big contributor.
  • Popular Contributors