Sisco up; Wynns down?

wildcard

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texas is starting two LHP next 2 games. Then 4 day All Star break. Wonder if this one will be short also or longer. At this point may not be a bad idea and leave him down long enough to get back a year of service time.  

28 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Read a report that Buck does not want to manage anymore. Wants to be in the front office.Trying to find the article but cant right now. 

I'd be fine with that, as long as it's not our front office.

Where is the guy that hit .340 in Delmarva?

I'm in the fire Coolbaugh camp, as well.

But, I think jettisoning some of these veterans will help too.

Too many "all or nothing" guys are getting in the ears of Sisco, Hays, and Mancini.

Look at how Sisco's K to BB ratio went up when he got to AAA and the bigs. He was so much more disciplined in the minors, before that.

On 7/14/2018 at 12:03 PM, Flacco Machado said:

Where is the guy that hit .340 in Delmarva?

I'm in the fire Coolbaugh camp, as well.

But, I think jettisoning some of these veterans will help too.

Too many "all or nothing" guys are getting in the ears of Sisco, Hays, and Mancini.

Look at how Sisco's K to BB ratio went up when he got to AAA and the bigs. He was so much more disciplined in the minors, before that.

His lack of bat speed caught up to him. He also may have been a guess hitter in the minors and found out in the majors it's not as easy. Either way, this guy slashed .100./156./133/.290 with 13 Ks in his 32 PAs after his first demotion. If he wasn't striking out so much I would think it's just an adjustment time frame, but as I showed for, his strikeout rate is historically bad for a guy starting off his career and the other guys at least have power.

I'm not going to give up on him because there's no use in that at such a young age, but if I'm the Orioles, I'm not counting on him as the Orioles catcher of the future.

29 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

His lack of bat speed caught up to him. He also may have been a guess hitter in the minors and found out in the majors it's not as easy. Either way, this guy slashed .100./156./133/.290 with 13 Ks in his 32 PAs after his first demotion. If he wasn't striking out so much I would think it's just an adjustment time frame, but as I showed for, his strikeout rate is historically bad for a guy starting off his career and the other guys at least have power.

I'm not going to give up on him because there's no use in that at such a young age, but if I'm the Orioles, I'm not counting on him as the Orioles catcher of the future.

That would be, Adley Rutschman, whom we'll take #1 overall. ?

32 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Careful Tony, using cold, hard facts like this might show that you have a war on Sisco...

On a serious note, if he stays down until Septmber 7th or so (around when Norfolk ends, barring playoffs), do they get an extra year of control?

2 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Careful Tony, using cold, hard facts like this might show that you have a war on Sisco...

On a serious note, if he stays down until Septmber 7th or so (around when Norfolk ends, barring playoffs), do they get an extra year of control?

I see what you did there...

Archived