Is it time to promote Mullins and move Jones to RF?

Greg Pappas

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Jones is a tricky situation because he's really the face of the franchise. The Pirates were in the same boat with McCutchen. I tend to agree with you, but I really think they should involve Adam, get a sense of where he wants to go, and do their best to accommodate him. It's the least we can do for someone who has given so much to the franchise and the community. 

Folks act like these guys don't get paid a very handsome salary. Its a business, Jones is in the twilight of his career, the O's are the worst franchise in baseball, they are not a match

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Folks act like these guys don't get paid a very handsome salary. Its a business, Jones is in the twilight of his career, the O's are the worst franchise in baseball, they are not a match

I agree and I'm not advocating not trading him or resigning him. I'm just saying involve him in the process. He's the closest thing to a Cal Ripken type icon we've had in the last 10+ years so treat him and the situation with respect. 

For everyone else (Machado, Brach, Britton, etc.) all bets are off. Machado in particular. Sell them to the highest bidders. 

Archived