KC 7-21

Jun-July
O's 8-27
KC 5-29

May 
KC 13-15
O's 9-19

Hey KC, we tried to help you in May, taking 2 of 3 head-to-head

In the race to the bottom, what happens first?  O's trade Machado or KC trades Moustakas?

I looked up KC's record and you beat me to it... 5-29 since June 1st !!!!!!!! I mean, the wOe's were/are bad, but the (insert crappy Royals nickname here) are tanking reallllllllly hard.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

I looked up KC's record and you beat me to it... 5-29 since June 1st !!!!!!!! I mean, the wOe's were/are bad, but the (insert crappy Royals nickname here) are tanking reallllllllly hard.

Yeah, but the O's are still "going for it"

Abrams is a rare athlete who isn't super raw skills wise, he's impressive.

Rece Hinds is just huge, with big power and it looks like he'll get to it. Might be 1B long term though.

Riley Greene has one of the prettiest swings in the class, it's a little long right now, but I think it'll tighten up as he gets stronger.

5 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I like Grenier, but shouldn't the organization considered how many SS's are at the top end of the 2019 draft before taking him so early?

My takeaway from the Grenier pick is that the O’s think outstanding defense at SS is a key to getting back on track.   I don’t know anything about these shortstop’s in next year’s class, but the O’s may feel that Grenier is better than all of them defensively.    In any event, they can still draft one of those guys and slide them to 3B if Grenier turns out to be the next Hardy, or leave them at SS if Grenier turns out to be the next Janish.

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

My takeaway from the Grenier pick is that the O’s think outstanding defense at SS is a key to getting back on track.   I don’t know anything about these shortstop’s in next year’s class, but the O’s may feel that Grenier is better than all of them defensively.    In any event, they can still draft one of those guys and slide them to 3B if Grenier turns out to be the next Hardy, or leave them at SS if Grenier turns out to be the next Janish.

You can never have too many SS prospects because they are usually your best athlete and have the best chance of moving to other defensive positions if the need exists.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

You can never have too many SS prospects because they are usually your best athlete and have the best chance of moving to other defensive positions if the need exists.

And then six years later they can demand to be moved back.  ?

Damn those Royals won't win. The Orioles organization always has the worse luck. We'll have a historically bad season the same year another organization is doing the same thing. Of course the Royals knew they were going to be awful this year.

11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Damn those Royals won't win. The Orioles organization always has the worse luck. We'll have a historically bad season the same year another organization is doing the same thing. Of course the Royals knew they were going to be awful this year.

As bad as this season has been, the one "comfort" has been that we were likely getting the top pick or at worst a top three pick.  That remains the case, but I agree with you that the Royals are remarkably bad and have a great shot at outdoing us in the suckitude department.  It's too early to know, but this could be a draft where there is one clear cut dynamic prospect and then a bunch of guys that are solid thereafter.  I hope we can still pull it off and take the worst record trophy.

Well. It makes me a little happy that to hear that Bobby Witt Jr. isn't the next Carlos Correia because I don't think we are intent on getting the #1 pick and I think KC is.  

I actually think once we trade Machado, our record will get better. We're going to bring up Mullins. Our defense is going to get better. Anyway... I don't think we will have the worst record in the league at the end of the season. More like #3 or #4. 

Archived